Jay - Isn't this a photo of your P/U ?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Jay - Isn't this a photo of your P/U ?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 10:44 pm:

Found this surfing Ebay tonight - sure looks like Jay's p/u box !

https://www.ebay.com/itm/model-t-wooden-truck-bed-ORIGINAL-and-show-quality/4014 77166348?hash=item5d79e7650c:g:KeEAAOSwbWZaXT4r&vxp=mtr

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Monday, January 15, 2018 - 11:03 pm:

Yup sure is our 1915 roadster pickup. Thanks for the heads up Steve. Kinda misleading including my photo as the lead photo to sell his bed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 04:44 am:

Pretty aggressive for sale ad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 06:09 am:

What a pompous A. I don't understand why people have to post pictures of items "like" the one they have. Especially when they make the "borrowed" picture the very first one.

Just for spite I'd have E-bay pull the ad, because he is such a Richard-head. Just my opinion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Hand on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 06:28 am:

Very misleading, even if the picture is public poor way to promote something for sale, using the picture of a steel factory style pickup bed and offering a wooden one no class

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 07:14 am:

Was that last paragraph added since this thread started?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 08:36 am:

Steve, with the attitude he obviously has I would make all the trouble for him that I could. Contact EBay, etc. Just my opinion. I will watch this thread and his, or her ad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 08:37 am:

Pardon me. My suggestion was for Jay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 08:54 am:

"When you make your bed, you must lie in it."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 09:09 am:

Although the bed seems to be located in Maryland, the seller is based in Greece

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Kowalczyk - Nampa Idaho on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 09:12 am:

reading the description on eBay, I wouldn't purchase anything from that individual...

Joe

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 09:15 am:

Hey Mister!!.......Want a buy a watch?? :-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 09:40 am:

That seller seems very Greecey to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 09:41 am:

Jay's bed and the one on the ad don't even look close to being similar.

Here is a quote from the end of the ebay description

"Some clown actually thinks he owns the publicly posted picture and was somehow miffed that I used it. I guess if it was that important then he should trademark it. Geeze it's exhausting dealing with guys with nothing else to do than scan ebay for insignificant issues."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 09:50 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 10:07 am:

So I guess I am a "Clown" for not wanting the photo of my truck being the lead photo connected with this low life's bogus hype.
It would be great if everyone here offended by his BS contact this BOZO and let him know what a Con he is. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 10:25 am:

I'm still trying to wrap my mind around the concept of wanting to sell a blue 1951 Plymouth sedan and running a picture in the ad of a red 1956 Pontiac convertible. "This isn't a picture of the one I have for sale, but there are a handful of similarities." :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Humble on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 10:25 am:

Seller is listing cars in another country, id plates in baltimore, and the pu bed in owengs mills (near baltimore), i reported it to ebay as suspected fraud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 11:21 am:

I just click on above link, the ad seems to be gone. Besides misleading, it was also inflammatory both to who ever sent him the note and ebay themselves.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 11:28 am:

re-listed
https://www.ebay.com/itm/model-t-wooden-truck-bed-ORIGINAL-and-show-quality-/401 477597180?hash=item5d79edf7fc

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 11:31 am:

Mark it's still there he just changed the wording.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 11:33 am:

Still up with the added words " It's the whole reason that Carlisle got started." Sent him a message as suggested

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 11:36 am:

Well, as a "retired old fart with nothing else to do than scan ebay" and the forum I'm glad to see something of interest today. $8o[
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 11:48 am:

The "Clown" could have, at the least, included the sentence "photo of Model T with bed is similar to the one for sale" - could have possibly excluded any animosity - pretty much an ASS !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 02:43 pm:

Is it me or selling a VIN tag for a vehicle that doesn't exist even though you have a title just doesn't seem legal. Check out this guys other items.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 03:47 pm:

John,
The ads say "birth certificate" because yeah, Ebay wont let you sell a "title".......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Humble on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 04:38 pm:

Selling a title or vin plate is prohibited on ebay, it has been reported.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 06:23 pm:

Did anyone notice the way that bed is made? The latching mechanism for the tailgate is rather unique. Notice the gap between the flooring boards. Kept in dry storage, the timbers have shrunk. The gap allows for expansion should the boards ever get wet. Often newly constructed beds neglect this important aspect of construction, relying on polished/urethane protection to repel water.

It is certainly a craftsman made piece and well worth the asking price if the deal is real.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 06:46 pm:

It sure would be a shame, if some were to take the time to report each of his prohibited items to Ebay. Lol.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt the Headlight Lens Guy n California on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 01:15 am:

Clearly a violation of ebay policy:

https://pages.ebay.com/help/policies/image-text.html

Allowed: self generated photos or ebay generated photos

Not allowed: Images or text copied from websites or internet searches, etc, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 09:37 am:

Ed,

At least one us has...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 10:10 am:

All of this stuff aside, that's a really cool p/u box he's got! (Yours too Jay!) Too bad he's such a jerk, (not you Jay!:-)).

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 10:16 am:

"Geeze it's exhausting dealing with retired old farts with nothing else to do than scan ebay for insignificant issues. It's the whole reason that Carlisle got started."

Carlisle started in 1974 because eBay was too exhausting? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 10:16 am:

$750 is what I paid 15 or so years ago off of Ebay including shipping for the bed on my truck. The seller made a special crate up for the bed so the trucking company couldn't stack anything on top of it in transit. Sure beats having a pissy little turtle deck on your roadster!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed Baudoux Grayling Michigan on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 10:28 am:

I saw one of them at an antique shop in Saginaw a few years ago. I wish I'd have bought it at $250.00

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 10:33 pm:

Yeah that the 15 i sold to Jay years ago second best T that got away

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration