Notch style door window lift picture needed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Notch style door window lift picture needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Van Maanen on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 09:15 am:

I am putting the windows in the doors of a coupe with the notch style window lift. I did not take it apart and believe there was an anti rattler spring somewhere in the pull rod attachment to the metal channel at the window bottom. I have the metal channel, notched trim and lift rod, but no spring. Anyone have a picture of this or know if this needs a spring and where it goes.

thanks Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 09:22 am:

This is out of a door from a 1922 Coupe. Is this the spring you're asking about?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 09:30 am:

Here is another picture of the window lift from a Coupe. The spring is more of an assist window lift and the small brass roller on the end should be free to turn on the post as it slides along the metal bottom.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 09:34 am:

There should be two small wood blocks with a rubber bumper at the bottom of the door for the window to rest on. I don't have a good picture of them but if you look closely at the picture you can see them in the bottom of the door mounted on each side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Van Maanen on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 10:00 am:

Thanks Perry, that is one of the springs I need, so that gives me a good idea of size and strength needed. I was wondering if there was any sort of spring loading on the vertical lifting rod to keep it engaged in the notches. The ford parts book mentions an anti rattler spring, maybe the one that is on that helper arm is what they mean

Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Booth@ Bay City, Mi on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 10:36 am:

Is this the one you are seeking?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Van Maanen on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 10:43 am:

Don, that's the guy for the anti Rattler.

thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 11:37 am:

Well I'm missing those springs too! So I guess it's time to take apart my window and add them. They weren't in there when I redid my car and never gave it a thought. Thanks for the additional information.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 01:05 pm:

These parts might help:

https://www.modeltford.com/item/5069B-KIT.aspx

and

https://www.modeltford.com/item/5092.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Van Maanen on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 01:16 pm:

Thanks Bill, somehow I missed those when looking in my Lang's catalog

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration