PSA-Adding Your Location To Your Posted Name.....

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: PSA-Adding Your Location To Your Posted Name.....
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 06:04 pm:

Not intending to be the Internet Police but a small reminder that it is nice to see where everyone is located when they post.
Naturally if you are in the witness protection program or still have not told your wife you have two Model T's out in the barn you are excused! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Brancaccio - Calgary Alberta on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 06:10 pm:

You can just put your state or country, you don't have to put city.

Just a suggestion.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 07:56 pm:

I agree!! At least the state. There are also lots of profiles that do not show a location.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 08:36 pm:

What gets me is the guys who put city only. State not important.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Kerndt-Waukon, Iowa on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 09:01 pm:

I think its good to add your email and phone number, but that scares the hell out of some!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 09:12 pm:

Hal - So are you suggesting that there just might be more than one Centerville? Actually, I'd think it would be quite obvious that Centerville must located right there in the middle, right? (:^)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 10:00 pm:

Anyone need to have more than "Sacramento" to know where I'm from???? I tried to find another with no luck

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 10:05 pm:

It's amusing to hear BBC folks refer to "Columbus in the USA". Would that be the one in New Mexico, Georgia, Kansas, Ohio, Indiana, Nebraska, or Mississippi? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 10:21 pm:

Steve, You can add Wisconsin to the list of states with a "Columbus". :-)

You're welcome!

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / Lakeland Mn. on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 10:24 pm:

I am trying to add my city....it worked!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 10:26 pm:

I remember reading years ago about young guys from small rural communities joining the service. Most had never been farther than 50 miles from home and they suddenly found themselves on the other side of the country. When asked where they were from, they'd answer, "Springville." :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 10:27 pm:

Micheal: I w2holehardly agree! It is nice to see a town and state listed, so you know where the poster is located.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 10:31 pm:

I agree with Bill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, AZ on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 10:35 pm:

Steve, You can add Nevada to the list as well.
Now a ghost town. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 11:16 pm:

Poncho Villa invaded the US at Columbus NM
in 1916.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 03:00 am:

I suspect that some folks do not list their location because they live in the State of Fear. Fear that they will be located. Oh oh, they are probably hearing the black helicopters now.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 05:52 am:

How many US states also have an Auburn?

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 06:11 am:

You can see mine by just clicking on my profile. Not hard to do. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 06:23 am:

Hal,

According to this, there are 31 Sacramentos worldwide, including 7 US states. One might assume you are in California, but you know what they say about assuming.

https://us.geotargit.com/called.php?qcity=Sacramento

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Miller, Mostly in Dearborn on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 07:17 am:

Hal,

I'm sorry. I'm not adding MI to Dearborn.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 07:19 am:

We have a Columbus, Texas also. Stuck right in the middle of a piece of Texas originally settled by German immigrants.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 07:54 am:

Tom,

Fine with me. I'm not really a proponent. I added mine back when originally asked to. Since then, this subject comes up time to time, and at least once, it kinda got ugly with some practically demanding people do it. I ain't one to take demands too kindly, and seems like for a while, I deleted mine out of spite. My comments were not intended to make anyone do anything they didn't want to do. They were intended to point out that some locations are not as descriptive as some might imagine. Meanwhile, I'll assume you live in Dearborn, LA.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 08:39 am:

Allan, definitely at least an Auburn, NH and an Auburn, Mass.

One of the previous times the request was made, a few of us even posted a google sat photo of our house :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 08:45 am:

Auburn, and Auburn Hills in Michigan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 09:59 am:

Auburn ? WY. CA. AL. NY. NE. IN. GA. IL. maybe more ?

Looks like some are already getting cranky over this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete - Jefferson, Ohio on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 10:14 am:

I think it is fine to have your town and state listed because it will help those in need of assistance to locate and contact someone in their area for help.

If you think you're keeping any information private just google your name and everything about you will come up on the internet including the last time you changed your underware!

I changed my name on the site because I was in the wit-less protection program but many of the detectives noticed it and ratted me out so now I'm on the run from Guido again!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 10:25 am:

The "State" of confusion is Ubiquitous. I have been there many times. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 10:25 am:

Hal, copied from the Weather Channel,,,

Sacramento, California
Sacramento, Kentucky
Sacramento, New Mexico
Sacramento, Pennsylvania
Sacramento, Jinotega, Nicaragua
Sacramento, Rivas, Nicaragua
Sacramento, Tachira, Venezuela
Sacramento, La Paz, Bolivia
Sacramento, Ceara, Brazil
Sacramento, Rio Grande do Norte, Brazil

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 10:39 am:

No one in the elevator downtown last week knew it was me that farted......but I bet Google knew. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 10:47 am:

Very certain there is only one Great Village in the world!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Annaian - Northern NH on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 11:16 am:

Once again, newbie here. I've figured out how to add it to my profile, but what about to the name that shows up on posts? I'll gladly add my city and state if anyone can help.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Annaian - Northern NH on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 11:16 am:

My bad, it was not updated. Now it is!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 11:19 am:

Rob
My wife is watching a Netflix pic "Last Tango in Halifax".
Does the local Ford dealer sell cars with the steering wheel on the right side?

Thanks

Kirk
Raised in Granada Hills, CA with Eastern Nebraska roots and been living in Santa Fe NM USA for over 40 years

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt Cwynar, Hell on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 11:49 am:

Speaking of town names how about Springfield there are only 33 Springfield's in 25 states throughout the United States including five in Wisconsin. I once looked that up after trying to drive to Springfield Missouri and almost made it to Arkansas boarder when I started noticing signs mentioning Arkansas. Apparently Arkansas has a Springfield. Glad I caught that one soon enough.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 11:56 am:

If I put a Jaguar logo next to my name will that tell you where I am located?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By G.R.Cheshire (La Florida!) on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 11:58 am:

BTW what does your PSA (prostrate specific antibodies) count have to do with where you live?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 12:24 pm:

G.R.,

PSA = Prostate Specific Antigen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 12:30 pm:

we are all friends so why not include your credit card numbers with security code, bank account numbers, and code for your alarm?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 12:48 pm:

Or Public Serviced Announcement....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 01:11 pm:

Well,

For me ......

Today & Tomorrow in Tucumcari

Then Taos

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 02:39 pm:

About 16/17 years ago the International chapter i was in made a tour to Hell,Mi.The paint on the party store really looks like Hell! Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 06:08 pm:

I have been through Hell Bud. Didnt leave anything there and dont plan on returning.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Cascisa - Poulsbo, Washington on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 06:41 pm:

And then, of course, there is Intercourse, PA

Be_Zero_Be

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Pawelek Brookshire, Texas on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 07:09 pm:

I'm still waiting for NASA to send a married couple into space so we can find out if outercourse is as good as intercourse....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 07:20 pm:

I much prefer Paridise MI. Its only a few miles from our cabin in the U.P.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 10:08 pm:

There's only one...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Carey on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 09:24 am:

There is only one Belchertown, MA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 10:15 am:

There's only one Blackfoot as a town name. Early on they tried to name it "Grove City" (there's a gazillion of 'em) but the railroad wouldn't change the name of the station. Nothing to do with the Blackfoot Indian tribe. They are in Montana. Shoshone Bannock around here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 10:17 am:

Pretty sure there's only one town named "Oil Trough". I actually drove through it once. :-)

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Oil_Trough,_Arkansas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob from Nova Scotia on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 10:38 am:

Kirk, wrong Halifax! There is actually two. One in England, one in Nova Scotia. Ours is better 😊

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 03:56 pm:

Halifax, N.S. was the site of a horrific explosion when a inbound freighter collided with a fully loaded outbound munitions ship in the "narrows" of the harbor there on the morning of Dec. 6 1917.

Heavy debris was throw over 2 miles inland and 1836 people were killed and hundreds more injured with many of those permanently blinded. It was the largest man-made explosion ever recorded until the U.S detonated the "Trinity" nuclear test bomb in the N. Mexico desert on July 16, 1945.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 04:19 pm:

Well we all know there is a Hot Coffee in Mississippi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 04:30 pm:

Yes Dale.

Thank you Halifax for the Christmas trees.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kirk Peterson on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 04:41 pm:

Thanks Rob and Dale.

I have talked with people who were living in Socorro NM at the time Fat Man was tested.

Rob
Do you drive on the left side of the road?
I am having a difficult time finding out using the Internet.
Thanks

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 05:09 pm:

Canadian cars are LHD, Just like the U.S., but they DO have their own unique Time Zone For N.S., and another (.5 hrs ahead of N.S.) for Newfoundland...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 07:16 pm:

I brought up the subject of using the state not just city. This is no joke, Back when the Model T centennial was going on, all I heard was Richmond. For months, i thought we were talking VA. Say what you want, but not everybody knows where a given city is located, especially if there is another one that is more familiar to them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 10:21 pm:

I'm just glad I'm not from Corn,Oklahoma,but McCool Junction Nebraska would be okay.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 10:28 pm:

Allan, according to Garmin, there are 24 Auburn’s in the USA and two in Australia. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 10:45 pm:

Howabout hailing from Dingle . . . Idaho . ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Scholz on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 11:03 pm:

Do any of you folks know of anyone around Acworth/Woodstock/Marietta GA, who might have a Model T? I have tentative plans on being there with my 14 Touring, come September. Thanks, George from way north, WI

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt the Headlight Lens Guy n California on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 11:25 pm:

Look at all the Californias in the USA:

Places called California in America.
California - Virginia - America
California - Pennsylvania - America
California - Ohio - America
California - North Carolina - America
California - Missouri - America
California - Michigan - America
California - Maryland - America
California - Maine - America
California - Kentucky - America
California - Georgia - America

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 01:40 am:

Hal....(smile)
Georgia_
Located at the crossroads of Western Asia and Eastern Europe, it is bounded to the west by the Black Sea, to the north by Russia, to the south by Turkey and Armenia, and to the southeast by Azerbaijan. The capital and largest city is Tbilisi.
Largest city‎: ‎Tbilisi Calling code‎: ‎+995
Official languages‎: ‎Georgian (nationwide); Abk... Currency‎: ‎Georgian lari‎ (₾) (‎GEL‎)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Denmark on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 02:24 am:

If you live in this city in Wales in the UK I will say that you are also excused and may just write "Wales,UK"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 08:11 am:

Unless it's been posted, Henniker, New Hampshire is the only Henniker on earth. At least that's what's on the sign as you drive into town

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Jorgensen, Batavia, IL on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 08:47 am:

Norway, Denmark, and Scandinavia are all cities in Wisconsin. (USA)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 09:04 am:

I grew up in Denville, NJ which, I believe, is also unique. Lots of Danvilles, only one Denville.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 09:25 am:

There's a Norway and Denmark in SC and also a Denmark in GA. Speeding tickets in Norway, SC are $100. Or at least they were a few years back.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 10:25 am:

Correct me if I'm wrong, But isn't Frostbite Falls right next door to Lake Wobegon? :-):-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete - Jefferson, Ohio on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 11:25 am:

Yes Jay I believe they are located in the state of Confusion

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 12:03 pm:

When we were driving from Nova Scotia to Toronto on our epic camping trip in 1977 (in a 1936 Austin), we encountered this place in Québec:

I suspect there aren't too many of them... :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 12:14 pm:

Auburn Washington

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Danmark on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 02:42 pm:

Blistrup is the name of the village and Danmark is the country.

Location of Blistrup:
https://www.google.dk/maps/place/3230+Blistrup/@56.0863722,12.1952194,791177m/data=!3m1!1e3!4m5!3m4!1s0x4652165680c1b0a5:0xa00afcc1d51a080!8m2!3d56.08635!4d12.212729

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration