My top

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: My top
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 08:39 pm:

This is the inside of the back panel for my top. Are these fasteners for side curtains?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 08:43 pm:

Or is that the outside?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Philip Thompson Graham NC on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 09:01 pm:

Not a good picture but my classtique top on my 24
Touring has fasteners for side curtains

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Perkins / Lakeland Mn. on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 10:28 pm:

Tommy...you can call me 9 ayem to 9 pm cst and ask ?ís anytime.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 11:19 pm:

Also, how and where do the front curtains attach in the windshield area? Where can I find a picture of all the attaching points for Touring curtains?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Tuesday, January 16, 2018 - 11:42 pm:

I am trying to figure out how to attach the curtains to the windshield frame WITHOUT drilling any holes. I don't have my curtains yet. I am making patterns and going to have the local upholstery shop make the curtains. I want "oversize" clear material and just enough black around the edges to attach the curtains to the car. I believe that all leading edges need to tuck inside, or have a flap that will, and all trailing edges should overlap on the outside. I've seen hooks that attach to the windshield hinge screws, and maybe the sidelamp attaching screws. Can anyone show me a picture of them? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 08:23 am:

Maybe this will help. Found elsewhere on the forum.

pic1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 09:13 am:

Tommy,

Yes, that is the inside of the back panel and those are the side curtain fasteners.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 09:16 am:

As for side curtains, put the top on first and worry about the side curtains later. Depending on how the top is installed, you may need to make adjustments to the side curtain mounting points, so no point in deciding any of that now.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration