Asian assault on the website

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Asian assault on the website
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 05:32 am:

As you all have noticed this website is under all-out assault by the Chinese. I have been getting SPAM from a Chinese group for a year. I block blahblah7869 and next day it moves to blahblah7870. Same trash products, different generating address. I made the mistake of purchasing a Chinese sourced item off of eBay. Be warned, your info is mined heavily by the Chinese, and your blocking efforts only spur them on to greater excesses. I guess the only solution is changing my email. I don't want to do that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 07:48 am:

I saw the posting talking about the X-ray machine and I think they have been advertising it for years in the USA.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 07:56 am:

Darn, and i was thinking about buying one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 08:35 am:

New barrage today from user jwwd222. I sent a PM to Chris.

Don't bring the spam back to the top by commenting on the threads! If you must comment, do it here. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Lodge - St Louis MO on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 09:44 am:

Exactly, Mark. Listen to the guy from Hillsboro, everybody! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 10:06 am:

Wow. Now I'm getting spam from "Honor House".
Lynbrook NY. I thought it was Brooklyn ?!?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 11:03 am:

Gary and Forum Members,

It is NOT uncommon for forums to require a moderator approval of a new member prior to the new member being able to post to the forum.

I suggest we amend our policies to require approval of new members. Just too much spam and personal info problems out there. And, evidently, in here as well.

Good Luck,
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 11:06 am:

Ooh, look! My toes are green!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 11:09 am:

Works wonders on toe nail fungus!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Perry Kete - Jefferson, Ohio on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 04:35 pm:

Steve,

Didn't they have those x-ray machines in shoe stores so you get the proper size of a shoe or a shoe insert?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Royster on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 05:10 pm:

Yes they did, and by the early 1950's the link between cancer and the ill clerks had been established. By 1970 most had been banned. I can remember having my feet fitted in the one at our local shoe store!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dallas landers on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 05:13 pm:

Now they are on the classifieds to.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 07:38 pm:

For those that didn't see the message the first time and are bumping the spam to the top - bump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 08:12 pm:

I sent a note to a couple of people;
Please do not reply to these ad's it just moves them to the top. If you would like to report them, copy the link and send to Chris.
MarkG
One of them used not so nice wording. Sometimes the air is blue around be because I am no prude but blue language does not belong here on any post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gustaf in Idaho on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 11:58 pm:

Perhaps the best way to kill spam is to block the idiots who keep the spam threads alive.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 07:30 am:

I think they keep re-registering under a new name.

Maybe we should make it like buying a gun. Fill out a form in long hand and have a mandatory waiting period.:-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 08:01 am:

The BEST answer is as I wrote above: Moderator approval of all new forum applicants to ensure the applicant is NOT a spammer.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration