Mr. Bonehead Showed Up Today

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Mr. Bonehead Showed Up Today
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glenn W. Beers / Kunkletown, Pa on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 02:34 pm:

I finished rebuilding the rear for my "23" three weeks ago. Today I installed it in the car went to hook up brake rods only to find out that I have the brake cams reversed. Live and learn !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 02:47 pm:

You're not the first. Do you have the ring gear on the correct side of the pinion? :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Glenn W. Beers / Kunkletown, Pa on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 04:07 pm:

Yes everything else is correct thank God ! New bronze thrust washers, modern seals inside and out,two new axles and hubs . Don't tell anybody I'm installing disc brakes also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 04:13 pm:

Glenn,

I could have not possibly paid you a visit.

I am in New Mexico.

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Brian Dowell in Michigan Thumb on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 04:36 pm:

Me either, I've been at work!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 04:55 pm:

When doing something on the T for the first time. It takes me twice as long. First time to do the job. The second is to do it again to fix the mistakes.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 06:28 pm:

My brake rods were too far gone to use and thus were replaced. But out of curiosity, I discovered that the threaded end fits perfectly into the radiator support. So it's getting cut and re-purposed since we had none.
Vern

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 11:08 pm:

If that's the most Boneheaded thing you've done, you're doing way better than me. You don't even have to pull the rear end to fix that little problem. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration