"Ford Script" Jack

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: "Ford Script" Jack
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Emering on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 06:20 pm:

Under the rear seat cushion of my recently purchased 1924 Touring, I was happy to find this "Ford" script jack and a few "Ford" script tools.
Being new to Model Ts, I am wondering if this jack is complete?
Did all Ts come with jacks and tools as standard equipment?
Did Ford sell tools in sets as accessories?
If so, what does a complete set look like?
Did a set come in a canvas pouch of some kind?

Thank you,
Gene

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Emering on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 06:42 pm:

Sorry for the upload issues!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Patterson-Nicholasville, Kentucky on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 06:59 pm:

Looks complete to me.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 07:02 pm:

Looks complete to me. Oil/grease it up and try it. Safety first, inspect for cracks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 07:02 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/S-T.htm#tool

Gene: Check out this page on the MTFCA encyclopedia (part of this site) for more tool information :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 07:56 pm:

Gene,Go slow and be careful! They were not the best!Bud in Wheeler,Mi.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 09:55 pm:

Yes, be careful as with any jack. But I think they are good jacks. I carry a couple of 2 x 8 wood blocks so I can have a level base under the jack.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 12:45 am:

Our Canadian sourced came with a jack most often supplied by Auto Specialties. They are similar in construction and work in the same manner. Steve's wood block is an essential as far as I am concerned. The footprint of these jacks is minimal at best.

I bought a US T jack at Chickasha in 2010. I was amazed to find a different cast in part number on every component part of the jack. I have never seen individual parts listed in any parts book.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 08:39 am:

They look simple which is good but the pawl has only a small portion of the gear to use or it will slip.Like everyone else say's the footprint is very small espc on dirt! Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 03:44 pm:

Steve J. - Your comment about carrying a couple 2"x 8" wood blocks deserves some thought. In the interest of "space saving" and not carrying any more than necessary in the limited storage space of most Model T's, I think sometimes you can carry a couple of those "wood blocks" of a shape, form and size that can be handy for a number of purposes/uses. I carry a couple "wood blocks" each in the form of a crescent, which, with a Model T jack, work better for mounting tires than an iron "rim spreader" for tire work out on the road (an idea I got from this forum) and they can also be used as wheel chocks, or placed flat on the ground with straight sides together, as a base for a jack, or at least half a dozen other handy uses one might find for a couple blocks of wood,....FWIW....harold

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Lyon, PDX, OR. on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 06:37 pm:

I use mine, it works great. Don

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Grady L Puryear on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 12:03 pm:

I have several of these jacks, and they are dangerous, and yes, each and every piece has a casting number.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration