OT - Completely Fascinated...

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT - Completely Fascinated...
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 08:48 pm:

...by all the negative attention given by a few folks who are put off by a couple of postings.

Since when is it OK to speak negatively on this forum about people from China?

And what's with the obsession to make sure these posts don't "move to the top"?

This phobia has gone so far as someone suggesting that the unwanted posters should be told in a "New York way" to go away.

I just don't understand...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 09:30 pm:

They do not nor is there a need for them to be brought back to the top by replying to them. Nor is there a need for the use of foul language. The postings being talked about have no place on this forum, that is pretty simple and should be removed as quickly as possible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 09:20 am:

Commenting on them and moving them to the top only aids the Spammer in his task. Why would anyone care to do that? How can you not see that?

And yes, it is negative when you're bombarded with targeted sales spam from every corner of the "information age", based on every last detail of your life and every second you've spent on this or that webpage, and when seeking refuge at your hobby, find no safe haven there either...

Do you really believe even half of what you post here Tim, or do you really really enjoy just being contrarian? If it's the latter, then I can understand your sympathy for the "people from China" who are crapping on our forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RE Helgeson on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 09:40 am:

Jerry, you hit the nail on the head.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 10:15 am:

Yes, I am a contrarian and proud of it. I have the rare ability to think for myself, search out the truth and form my own opinions rather than rely on what has been stated in the past or taken for granted. I realize that contrarians make people feel uncomfortable because most folks don't want to discover that what they have always believed may not be true after all. Also, my posts are 100% genuine, thank you.

I take issue with the negativity- "people from China who are crapping..." Why such hatred?

It has been said countless time- if you don't like the topic don't read it.

I have much appreciation for the forum moderators who expel those who spew hatred such as Burger and the like.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 11:20 am:

I'd guess you might be getting closer to the top of THAT list.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RE Helgeson on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 11:28 am:

Can you say 'Narcissist'?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 12:39 pm:

Well then, I can only hope that one day I can find the courage and strength to rise up and become half as mighty as you two. Until then I can only dream...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 01:03 pm:

Why the hatred?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RE Helgeson on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 01:12 pm:

I rest my case.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 04:19 pm:

God Bless America!
flag

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 04:45 pm:

Gee wiz, can't folks quit fighting about something for just a short time?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 04:53 pm:

But Mack, how can we when we hold such hatred for our spamming brethren across the sea?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charlie B actually in Toms River N.J. on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 05:08 pm:

Why? I'll tell you why... Their here to create problems. That's why. And no matter what your personal opinion is it's not going to change that fact. You think perhaps they don't know their not doing wrong and aren't wanted here? You'd be wrong in that too. They bust in because they can and to find out what's done to get rid of them SO THAT THEY CAN CIRCUMVENT IT THE NEXT TIME!!! They probe every website open or secure so they can destroy it all whenever they want. (not this rinky dink site in particular but the web in general). This type of invasion, no matter from whom, is not friendly. It's meant to find weakness.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 07:18 pm:

Just to be honest, in the past 3 days I have gotten alot of spam on my email address that is the 1 people can use when pm's are sent to me from here.I didn't have that problem until I had to change the email I had linked to this website. So I think they have circumvented this website in more ways than just annoying post.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Elliott on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 07:35 pm:

Mack, same here. I couldn't figure why I was getting emails from Sgt. Britta Lopez "seeking my kind assistance". Now it makes perfect sense. What I don't understand is that these tech bandits obviously have some computer savvy - why the heck don't they get real jobs in the tech industry making an honest living? I suppose it's because they are, in fact, bandits. Go figure.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 08:23 am:

Hal, something we can agree on, re: top of that list :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 08:26 am:

Love the haters...I guess it's how you guys deal with it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RE Helgeson on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 09:22 am:

Nice family picture Tim.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 09:27 am:

If I made the money those 2 Dumb and Dumber , in the funny suits made making movies I would be glad to wear a orange suit once in a while. You can bet I would have a 11 Torpedo converted to electric start in the shed along with a 58 Lincoln Mark 2 4 door.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 09:31 am:

Hmm .. in my line of work I travel a lot and have many people travel from all over the world to work with me here in the US. And I have very good friends in places like France, Mexico, China and Russia. I am critical of the quality of some tools made overseas, but I'm pretty sure none of the people I know from those countries made them or have spammed me like the recent posts we've seen on the forum. The world is full of good people and also various degrees of all the other types of humans that make up the "twisted lumber of humanity." :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 10:07 am:

Well said Mark. To quote Rich Eagle;
"There's a little bad in even the worst of us. "

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 10:17 am:

"He has all of the virtues that I dislike and none of the vices that I admire."

Winston Churchill

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 10:50 am:

Jerry, LOL :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 12:06 pm:

The "good folks across the ocean" have been copying and stealing our country's trade secrets and technology for years and laugh and smile at us when they do it. This is no secret to no body but to those who naively believe these fine folks would never do any thing like that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 02:18 pm:

Hey, just something to think about. The Greatest Nation in the world, United States of America, owes China billions and there are billions of people over there. Not to mention in light of recent events with the CIA traitor who gave information that had agents murdered and jailed. Maybe the fake grin is the best approach.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration