Who posted this pic? I have questions. About 9-25-17

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Who posted this pic? I have questions. About 9-25-17
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Wednesday, January 17, 2018 - 10:49 pm:

Based on the number the pic was assigned the upload date would be close to September 25th, 2017. I can not find the posting it was in. I would like to talk to the poster, please get a hold of me. Yes I did try the search function with no luck. J

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Huson, Berthoud, Co. on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 12:10 am:

Jerome, That was my picture. I am pretty sure that they sold. I don't remember shipping them but I ship a lot of stuff. I have shipped as many as 17 packages in a day. I have a friend that needs a set badly but I have gone over my stuff and can't find them so I think they are gone. Shipping stuff ever day gives me an excused to drive to town and have coffee with the guys.
I will try and find my picture of my coupe at the post office with a long package in the trunk.
picture

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 11:45 pm:

Thanks Dave, the time frame would have been first part of Oct. Hopefully who did get them from you will see this and drop me a line. I am thinking of making these for my truck and would like to get a couple of measurements from them. Here is a pic of my start. To finalize them up I need some information. Oh did I say I would like to talk with who ever got these? Not looking to talk them out of them but just need some information. LOL Jerry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 07:47 am:

Jerome,

I'm not really sure what the part is you are making. I would guess a stake pocket for a flat bed Ton Truck. But that is just a guess. If you let folks know what the part is they may or may not be able to help you.

If the part is an original Ford part, the Benson Ford Archive has a large number of the original drawings for most but NOT all of the Ford Model T parts on microfilm. If you do not get the information you need from someone who has one of the actual parts -- then you may want to consider contacting the Benson Ford see:

https://www.thehenryford.org/collections-and-research/services/remote/ for information on their off site research.

And see: https://www.thehenryford.org/docs/default-source/default-document-library/bfrc-p art-drawing-order-form.pdf/?sfvrsn=6 for information on parts drawings.

If you provide them the factory number in addition to the part number, for the part -- that often makes the search for the microfilm easier (and less expensive for you). You can normally obtain the factory number from one of the additional columns in the "Price List of Parts" book.

Good luck with finding someone who has the parts you would like to get measurements and details about.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 08:10 am:

Jerry,

I may have been the one who bought those from Dave. I believe he had two sets, but maybe not.

Let me know what you need and I'll get the measurements for you.

Cheers,
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kenneth W DeLong on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 08:28 am:

I may not be seeing it right but the ones pictured look heavy enough for a 50 ton log truck?? If i see them right there is a floor/bottem in them which may not be very good for stake pockets.Bud.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 10:56 am:

Ken,

These are just regular rivet on stake pockets, I believe for a TT flat (stake) bed.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration