EZ Battery reconditioning

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: EZ Battery reconditioning
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard H.Miller on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 02:27 am:

Has anyone heard of the EZ Battery reconditioning process?
I started viewing it on line but the narrator seemed to ramble about the benefits.. I started to get suspicious even though there "seemed" to be no fee. I discontinued viewing. Does anyone know if its legitimate? Very curious!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 02:41 am:

My wallet reconditions my batteries, would I stuff around with old ones, 'no way' the last one I replace just last week in one of my T's was 9+ years old, it earned retirement to the scrap heap.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 07:41 am:

If it sounds too good to be true it usually is. After reading your post went to internet for a look see. Found many sites with the word Scam. That was enough for me. Last time they got me was with the car battery boon doggle. Regenerate your old car battery by replacing the electrolyte with some bull yuck. I had a couple spent batteries why not? After all the trouble still had a couple spent batteries.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kevin Whelihan Danbury, WI on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 09:31 am:

Since I had some spare electrolyte in the garage, I tried change the stuff out of old, dead battery and replacing it with new stuff. Results: same old dead battery. There are some AGM batteries that can be revived if they go dead with a the proper charger. But with most conventional lead acid, or SLA batteries, once they are too heavily sulfated they are simple best recycled and replaced.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 09:39 am:

Reconditioning auto batteries has been around for a long while. It comes and goes. There was a guy here in town years ago who would pick up old batteries from garages, wash them out and add new acid to them then charge them. They would last for a year or so. I bought one for my 56 Ford and it lasted a year. That was in the late 60,s.
The batteries the guy used weren't several years old and set up for years. They usually were ones he picked up at garages and gas stations after they were replaced. Anyway they did work for a while.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 04:52 pm:

I did the hot Epsom salt thing to a set of worthless golf cart battery's with Mixed results. Several battery's came back 100% others didn't. I think 3 of them are still in the golf cart I sold to a friend a while back. That was over a year ago.
IF you could remove the plates, and clean them mechanically and put the battery back together with new chemical,it would probably work ok for a while.
I know there are some chargers that momentarily reverse the charge to shock loose crud on the plates. That has helped a couple battery's for me over the years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard H.Miller on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 10:39 pm:

Thanks for all responses, I don't think I'll bother with it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration