W Stamped on 1926 Touring Frame??

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: W Stamped on 1926 Touring Frame??
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kyle Massey on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 10:16 am:

During my restoration process I came across the T serial numbers (14,082,495) on the frame and engine which dates the car to Aug. 9, 1926.

There is a W stamped about an inch to the right of these numbers on the frame rail. Does anyone know what this represents or have an idea which plant the car was assembled/manufactured?

I'm attempting to trace the history of this car and all I know is it's all original and came out of an airplane hangar in California. Very low miles.

W Stamp

Serial Number

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 11:56 am:

Not everything in the Model T was made by Ford, front axles for example. The "W" would/could be the outside company that made the frame.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration