BUSTER KEATON PHOTO with COILS

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: BUSTER KEATON PHOTO with COILS
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John V. Dow on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 01:47 pm:

I once saw posted here an old photo of "Silver Screen" comedian actor Buster Keaton dwarfed by stacks of Model T coils. I'd sure like to find that picture for placement in my Man Cave.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 02:01 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/721261.html?1513087593

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 02:15 pm:

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/728375.jpg

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 05:36 pm:

Obviously not real. Look at the size of the coils.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 06:05 pm:

Big coils for Big Boy's Big Toys :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 06:14 pm:

I confess I made that in Photoshop for the "Model T Funnies and Memes" collection. Sadly I did not save the original which was in color.
Howard, I hope you can make it work for your Man Cave. The collection of humor was fun. I just ran through it again.
Rich

(Message edited by rich eagle on January 18, 2018)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 06:49 pm:

Did no one comment on ET's - I mean Buster's - (!) hands, and the "spark of life" in that coil ? One of Rich's excellent creations !!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 08:52 pm:

This thread made me think of Buster Keaton being mentioned in a song by Neil Diamond,Done Too Soon.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XSmJH1kxiHQ

I don't know why John Wilks Booth was in there too?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 09:41 pm:

Was Buster flipping the bird? Or is that photo shop.He was one guy who aged so well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 10:46 pm:

Herb, I liked that link. Even with the foibles etc. :-)
Rich B, it took me a half an hour to get that!
There was a fella back then that figured he said "ET frrron RRRome." Anyone recall? Just roll the R's... ;-)
The spark of life is bigger than all of us. Hence the large coils. :-)
OR: The sensation, should we encounter it, is far beyond and larger than our expectations. Bzzzzt. OWW! Sheesh.
Grain of salt/tongue firmly implanted in a cheek please: Hidden propaganda right there.
"Work poorly" Oh my, 1984 is at our doorstep! Oh shoot, it's in grey tones too....
Hehehe! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 10:53 pm:

Neither Buster or I meant any offense intended from the finger position. As a purist might, I just left it the way it was in the photo I stole. Although I have sometimes felt some animosity towards certain coils.
As for Neil's song, it seemed like a picture of Harold Loyd popped up when Buster's name was called.
Rich, thanks for noticing the spark. I did take some time to put it there.
If Buster was flipping a bird it would almost have to be a parakeet wouldn't it?
Funny how things disappear into the forum and then resurface.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 11:52 pm:

I love watching Buster Keaton movies. I had an uncle that looked like Keaton. I also like Harold Loyd but Charlie Chaplin was my favorite. If I knew how I would offer a link to Chaplin and his brother riding a Hi-wheel bicycle, on Youtube. Funny.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John V. Dow on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 07:56 am:

THAT'S IT RICHARD!!!!! Thank you so much!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 01:20 pm:

Sorry, John not Howard (your Man Cave). At any rate I am pleased it was enjoyed.
Those old black and white movies changed my life forever too.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 04:10 pm:

Richard - I wonder how many Model T "newbies" in the future, might just scroll down thru' the forum without reading in detail, and just "assume" that your photo is a picture of "Ron the Coilman"!

No offense Ron P.,...you seem to be "aging" much better than that! ("^)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 04:13 pm:

Ron the Coilman - You know Ron, you could actually hang a copy of that picture in your booth at Chickasha and claim that that's a picture of your grandfather, from whom you learned everything you know about Model T coils!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Don Watson -Florence,Colorado on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 04:19 pm:

What year are the Coils Ron ?
-Don

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration