DIY Brass Restoration Workshop - March 24 at Model T Museum Vintage Garage

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: DIY Brass Restoration Workshop - March 24 at Model T Museum Vintage Garage
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Thursday, January 18, 2018 - 07:41 pm:

Doors open at 8:00 am

Demonstrations of various brass repairs including:
• Component disassembly (solder detach)
• Solder assembly
• Dent removal
• Shape forming molds
• Finishing (polish)
• Rivet replacement
• Glass panel removal
• Hands-on learning opportunities

INSTRUCTOR: Scott Rosenthal
Scott restored and manufactured the brass on his 1912 Towne Car and 1912 Touring (on display in Museum). Making no claim as an authority, he is pleased to share his accumulated knowledge for the purpose of helping other DIYers with thin wall brass restoration, and where required, brass component fabrication.

Up to six participants can bring one brass item ready for restoration. Materials/equipment provided for participants to start the project with Scott’s guidance. Description of project required with registration.

$15 Fee for coffee, donuts, boxed lunch
Fee can be paid on site.

Bring a group from your chapter and learn these skills together.

To register, list of motels, or other questions email: ADMIN@MTFCA.COM
or phone 765-373-3106

REGISTRATION LIMITED TO 24 PARTICIPANTS.
DEADLINE TO REGISTER: February 24

Thank you to Scott Rosenthal for planning and leading this DIY Seminar.
If you are interested in leading a Vintage Garage Seminar Workshop, please phone 765-373-3106.

Seminar location:
MODEL T MUSEUM ANNEX BUILDING
310 N. 8th Street, Richmond, Indiana

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eric Sayer on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 10:49 am:

Awesome opportunity, thanks Scott Rosenthal for doing this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 11:01 am:

I wish I could go, but will be to far away on that day. Bummer, but I am looking forward to more seminars of this type.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 02:37 pm:

Please make some videos of the action & fun to share!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 04:57 pm:

We'll see what we can do to fill that request, Bob!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Crane on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 05:38 pm:

Susan
I would like to attend. Please reserve a space. I have a rubes horn that is in good shape but needs the bulb replaced. Could I bring it?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 01:28 pm:

Thanks, Jon, I've got you on the list. And yes, plan to bring the horn. I'll send you a PM with some additional details.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration