Two owner Model K roadster sold at auction

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Two owner Model K roadster sold at auction
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 10:43 am:

FYI:The Model K Roadster, which was discussed here previously, sold at auction last night for 225,000.00 plus 10 percent buyers premium. Seems like a fair price for a big brass car.

http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/708324/815458.html?1512706031

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 10:44 am:

A link to the auction listing:

https://www.rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/AZ18/Arizona/lots/r136-1907-ford-model-k- roadster/545284

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ron Mc Willie on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 11:22 am:

Try this one, the one above doesn't seem to work:

https://www.rmsothebys.com/en/auctions/AZ18/Arizona/lots/r136-1907-ford-model-k- roadster/545284

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Richmon - Richmond, VA on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 02:28 pm:

I had an interest, but that was crazy money for an unrestored car.
It will sure be a beauty when it gets done, just hope it was someone in the USA!!!!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 02:53 pm:

The link doesn't say how much it went for?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 03:18 pm:

Bob, IMHO, the problem was not so much that it was unrestored but that it was partially restored or at lease messed with many years ago. That Godawful paint would have to go, the wheels need work, all those things. My guess would be that you could put another $100,000 in it in a heartbeat. That made it about $324,000 more than I had this week.

It sold for $225,000 + 10% premium or $247,500. In addition, if the buyer is an Arizona resident there is about 8 1/2 % sales tax added to that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Kiefer - Adams, MN on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 03:20 pm:

Maybe Rob bought for a parts car?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Kim Dobbins on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 03:21 pm:

I was also interested, but with my back surgery and work projects, the time was not right. I don't mind that it was unrestored, I just couldn't live with that color!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 03:55 pm:

Kim, Krylon comes in lots of colors! You could paint it whatever color or combination you want. 😄

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jem Bowkett, Spalding United Kingdom on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 05:45 pm:

I could live with a Model K if it was purple with pink and blue polka dots!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 12:45 am:

Jem B, Underneath the Krylon?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Coiro on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 01:58 am:

And I used to think airplanes were expensive! -The rarest and most expensive examples, the WWII fighters (Mustangs, Thunderbolts, Corsairs, etc.), go for around 2-million bucks per copy and of course, that's out of reach of most people. -But 2-million doesn't compare with what the British accent auctions are getting for some collector-cars (If the guy with the microphone and gavel has the rapid-fire, tongue-twisting, hard-sell vocal style of a tobacco auctioneer, the cars may cost anywhere between twelve grand and two-hundred-thousand, but if the auctioneer has a British accent and speaks slowly, that means the cars can fetch astronomical millions). -I think the record was for a Ferrari 250 GTO which went for an earth-shattering 34-million smackeroos. -Suddenly, a quarter of a mil for an unrestored 1907 Ford Model K doesn't sound nuts.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration