Something to take on trips

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Something to take on trips
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 11:45 am:

Over the years we've had several discussions of what tools and spare parts should be in a traveling T. Suggestions have ranged all the way from practically a full shop to just a phone and a credit card. One suggested item was a foot pump. I was dubious about its effectiveness, but when I had to change a tire on a trip last fall I was pleasantly surprised to find how well it worked. But at the same time I discovered that it should be accompanied by another item: a base to keep it level on rocky ground.

I used a foot-square piece of plywood.

This will make the pump less inclined to tip over when I step on it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 11:53 am:

Steve: Great idea! My wife will love it...
Valentines day is coming up :-)

pump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 11:56 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 12:39 pm:

The Deluxe variant with a small reservoir tank. :-)

Pump

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 12:40 pm:

For the 12volt crowd I installed a accessory jack and a carry this thing around.

Also with the jack I can charge my phone and run the Garmin.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 08:33 pm:

My solution - three 45g cartridges will fill a 30x3.5 tire to 60 psi:

pic

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 10:10 pm:

On unspoken reason for 12 volts. I can carry a small air compressor in the 14 Touring and have somewhere to plug it in :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 12:45 am:

I'm having a hard time finding the 45g Co2 cartridges now, and I've been interested in a foot pump for a couple of years but never decided on one.

Steve; What make/model is yours, about what did it cost, and about how long did it take to inflate the tire on your T? One thing I like about the pump is if there is a slow leak you can always top it off at stops... with Co2 eventually you can run out of cartridges.... just a trade off..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 01:05 am:

I didn't time it, but it was better than I expected.

http://www.smallautoparts.com/product-p/a3557.htm

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration