Old photo - Kids on T. One on hood other standing on RB.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old photo - Kids on T. One on hood other standing on RB.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 05:11 pm:

I was given this today. Fresh out of the box.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 05:40 pm:

Great picture !! Cute kids !! Do you know who they are, Rich ? Kids and Ts just go together like kids and dogs and ponies. My personal bias, I just don't find the same appeal with cars even five years newer, or even with some of the more massive cars in the T era.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tim moore, "Island City" MI on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 06:43 pm:

Neat photo but the boy on the hood is texting his friends on his cell phone and didn't look up.

Tim Moore

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 07:01 pm:

Time to take the T apart - '22/23 low radiator ? Accessory speedometer, solid rubber tires, Hasslers . . . what else ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 08:57 pm:

Aftermarket head light lens, white wall tires. 1919/20 - 22 ish.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 09:33 pm:

The boy on the hood is apparently one of the two on the Harley I posted last year: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/599638/701055.html
The fellow who had that photo was pleased with my posting it here and some other internet sites. We got some nice feedback about the bike and the info posted with it. He was happy to dig further into his family album and find some more photos. This is the only T amongst them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James M. Riedy, Sandusky, Ohio on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 11:31 pm:

He's thinking, I wonder what would happen if I stuff this soap down this hole. Jim

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 09:31 am:

Had a speedometer on it also.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 12:23 pm:

Some better detail on the Hasslers and Spedo.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 12:40 pm:

Tim Moore...LMAO!! Sure does look like the boy is texting! :-)

But then I'm laughing at my buddy Jim Riedy's post too!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 09:11 pm:

For Rich Bingham not a 1923 USA car as they had the slant windshied. (see: http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/U-Z.htm#wshld for 1923 ) and also the one man top (you can see the two man top attached on the left side of the front seat of the car (right side of the photo).
For Mark I agree with 1919 or later as it has the windshield brackets without the cowl lamp mounting pads. (ref: http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/U-Z.htm#wshld mid 1919) . I would put the limit to 1920 very early 1921 model year as it still has the U-bolts on the crankcase front bearing (attaches front spring to frame) rather than the later Y style that was typical for most of the 1921 model year (ref: http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/E.htm#eng6 where Bruce says both were used on the 1921s vs the MTFCI judging guidelines that would say the 1921 model year was the Y style.) But they both agree it was gone by 1922. (And yes, it could have been replaced over time.)

For Richard Eagle if you have access to the original or if you have a higher resolution scan you may be able to get the date off the license plate. Great photo and thank you for posting it.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 09:57 pm:

The photo itself is 2 3/8" X 3 1/4". I am often surprised at what detail we can see in these. However that portion of the license plate is not clear enough to see.

The wear on the tires and decals on the windshield suggest that the car is not new. My license plate book shows 1921 as being the only year the CAL was on the right side of the plate. That was a orangish yellow with black numerals. I can almost see the 21 now. !o)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 08:42 pm:

Richard,

Thank you for checking and posting. If it wasn't in the shadow I think the year would probably be visible.

From the site at: https://www.google.com/search?hl=en&tbm=isch&source=hp&biw=936&bih=698&ei=NeJnWrzFIu6YtgWzmL6gDQ&q=1921+California+license+tag&oq=1921+California+license+tag&gs_l=img.3...1210.8514.0.8934.27.7.0.20.20.0.105.489.6j1.7.0....0...1ac.1.64.img..0.8.492...0.0.hylHwgJECvc

They have several images. And 1921 fits nicely.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 08:52 pm:

Under axle radius rod, could be a 1920, or maybe it's late in 1921 ? Thanks to both of you for reading the plate. Dunno why it should matter to me, but it kinda does, somehow it's more fun to know about these pictures.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration