Treating wood frame

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Treating wood frame
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Brookmyer on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 07:12 pm:

Hello all. I'm building a new wood frame for my 22'roadster. Using white Ash wood.

What, if anything, should I cost or finish the wood in to protect it from mold, rot, etc.?

Looking for suggestions!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Brookmyer on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 07:16 pm:

Coat... Not cost. Sorry for the typo!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Saylor, Citrus Heights, Ca on Friday, January 19, 2018 - 07:23 pm:

Woodlife Classic is one good one. I used it some 45 years ago on my 21 touring re-wood project and the wood still looks like new. Rustoleum owns the company now.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dean Dorholt - Mpls, MN on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 07:49 am:

Smith's Clear Penetrating Epoxy Sealer is what I used on a recent project.

http://www.smithandcompany.org/CPES/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Brookmyer on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 07:24 pm:

Thanks! I'll check these products out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Carstensen-Trosky Mn. on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 08:16 pm:

Jeff,
I also need to do a 22 Roadster. Where did you get the ash? I can not find any ash in my area,
Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jeff Brookmyer on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 12:39 am:

I found my wood at a local place less than an hour from my house. They have tons of different types of wood. The family that owns they place has some model T's so I figured they knew what I needed....

Armstrong Millworks. www.armstrongmillworks.com

I don't know if they ship but worth asking.
My wood is absolutely beautiful.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration