High School Auto Shop Class

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: High School Auto Shop Class
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 02:48 am:

The Carbon Canyon Model T club took our cars to one of the local high school auto shop classes and it was an absolute hit. We were invited back to participate in their spring school car show.

The kids asked a lot of good questions and there were even a few young ladies there. I put one of them to work tightening up my headlight as it was a little loose. She couldn't find the cotter pin hole so I let her off the hook on that one but she jumped right in!

Of course most of them had to "crank start" the cars and my 1915 was a perfect candidate. After the first couple though I got 4 "free starts" in a row so we went to another car to prevent injuries.

It was an awesome day and the club members enjoyed it as much as the kids did.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harold Schwendeman - Sumner,WA on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 03:04 pm:

I'm one of those club members that enjoyed the event. My impression of the kids was that perhaps two thirds of them just regarded it as a sort of free-time, do nothing hour to relax and just general "horsing around" with the other kids. However, it seemed to me that about a third of them were very interested and asked some very intelligent questions. If there's one thing that will stick in my mind about that day, it's the way one young man's face literally lit up into a big smile of satisfaction when I let him (after some procedural instruction) crank start my Model T Ford. His remark was,.....WOW! I can't believe how easy that was! Yes, it was a great event that I thoroughly enjoyed and I hope to participate in more similar events in the future. I was surprised, after talking to students and their instructor, that there really are quite a few high schools that still have some form of auto shop classes,.......harold

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration