Old Photo - Can you say Hasenpfeffer?..........Sure You Can!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo - Can you say Hasenpfeffer?..........Sure You Can!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 08:32 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john kuehn on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 09:38 am:

What kind of gas pump is that. Haven't seen one like that before.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 11:40 am:

Be verwe verwe quiet, I'm hunting wabbits.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George Andreasen on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 01:50 pm:

Very early (before visible) style pump. If I remember correctly, turning a crank raised a toothed rack, which raised a piston. I think the quantity dispensed was 1 gallon at a time. Remember, gasoline was sold as a cleaning agent (spot remover) long before it became motor fuel, so large quantities weren't really necessary.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 02:00 pm:

While searching for a similar pump I found this photo. It's not the same make and has nothing to do with rabbits but raises some other questions.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 03:28 pm:

Life's a GAS! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 03:31 pm:

Ethyl, you shameless hussey!

(Bowser pump...)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darryl Bobzin on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 04:23 pm:

Always liked a girl that would drink from the spigot.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 04:50 pm:

Laws !! Either that's mighty suggestive or I have a dirty, dirty mind. (OK - so I do. ) What's written on the edge of the picture ? Looks like "Vera Vonee" was written on the negative.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 04:57 pm:

Vera Vance

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 05:11 pm:

Good on ya Ken !! Vera Vance was an actress / dancer whose claim to fame was her role in "The Unholy Three", a movie made in 1925 . . . Poster image for the movie shows a resemblance to the gal on the gas pump.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 05:46 pm:

"A C of C industrial Expo publicity, Miss Vera Vance stands upon a gasoline pump with a hose in her mouth, August 1926." from where I stole the photo.
You fella's make great detectives.
I hadn't thought of all the implications when I posted this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gilbert V. I. Fitzhugh on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 05:56 pm:

No fumar.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 06:03 pm:

Gilbert made me look.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Owens on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 06:06 pm:

Are you sure its not Nancy Peloise when she was Miss Lube?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 06:17 pm:

Not Nancy Piojosa. Gil will get that one.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration