Jno Brown Lamps

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Jno Brown Lamps
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Braverman on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 04:01 pm:

Did some Jno Brown 115 tail lamps have steel tops, while others were brass?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Kemmerer Medford, Or on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 09:53 am:

Probably though I have never seen one. I have a pair of JB 110 side lights with steel tops and I have seen JB 16 head lights with steel chimneys

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John T. Tannehill III, Hot Coffee, MS on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 10:43 am:

Yes they did come that way. Some speculate that they were late production but I have seen the Browns with the steel cap and rear jewel. Which would be earlier. As far as headlamps go Iíve never seen a Jno Brown with a steel smoke bonnet but would like to. I have seen a Victor model 1 headlamp which was early that have a steel smoke bonnets though. Itís in contrast with the norm for the other lamps supplied. The Victor model 1 sidelamps were heavier and the brass caps carried a more pronounced Ford embossing. If you do have a picture of the Brown headlamp with the steel smoke bonnet Iíd love to see a picture for my collection. Thanks in advance John.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom Rootlieb on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 11:09 pm:

I bought a pair of all steel head lamps that were exact size and design as 1913-14 Model 16 Jon Browns. They had steel bonnets with no embossing and the steel doors were hinged at the top. All parts were exactly the same as the Ford units. Some one told me they were made for use on trucks from other makes by Brown.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Rodell, Sr.- Wisconsin on Monday, January 22, 2018 - 11:04 pm:

In 2008, at the Big "T PARTY" in Richmond, Indiana, I bought a box of old Ford lamps.
Included in the batch was a Jno Brown 115 tail lamp with a steel top. It was missing its fount, so I do not know if that part had any brass on it. Checking with a magnet, the only part of the main body that was brass was the lower flared part of the first tier, and that was painted black. Also, the silver inner liner was brass, as always.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 05:52 am:

I've got some lamps that were perhaps made on a Saturday morning shift (after Friday night drinking?) as the chimney bodies are brass and the chimney cap is in steel, whereas they are supposed to be the other way around ?
Also have "All steel" headlamps but cannot be sure of maker. Perhaps they just look the same as the Ford item ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 12:24 pm:

Does it have Ford stamped on the top? They made lamps for other cars that might have the same number but no name stamped.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ivan on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 09:54 pm:

Mark, presume you are asking me that question ? yes, stamped Ford, Brown, Colombus OH etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Darel J. Leipold on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 10:35 pm:

I have two or three steell top
Ford model 110s I will bring a pr to Chickasha Side lamps only.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration