Mystery hole in the dashboard resolved

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Mystery hole in the dashboard resolved
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 05:05 pm:

There was a 3/8" hole in the left side of the dashboard on my '23 runabout. I don't know what was originally there but didn't like the hole and didn't wan't to screw up the paint on the dashboard welding it up. So, I found a nice vintage Westclox dashboard clock and made a special bracket that used the existing hole rather than two bolts that would have been used. It still allows tilting back the clock to allow winding and setting the time.

Clock

Clock Ii

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Schreiber- Santa Isabel Ecuador on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 05:08 pm:

Perfect !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason Given - St. Paul, MN on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 05:12 pm:

Real nice

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, AZ on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 07:07 pm:

Nice looking period accessory. Looks like it was designed to go there.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Dugger on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 07:24 pm:

Mark: Only a Banjo/Guitar Genius would have figured that out. Use POOOOR folk of lessor knowledge would have to ask for help thinking that car had been shot at!!!!!!

Great Job Mark

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 07:33 pm:

I see lots more holes that shouldn't be on a 23, those side lights are early ones!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 08:04 pm:

Looks great!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 09:31 pm:

What other holes in the dashboard do see Frank aside from the speedometer? The carburetor mix adjuster is clamped on from underneath.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Saturday, January 20, 2018 - 10:40 pm:

Mark, my meaning was all the vent holes in the side lights, those lights are 1915/17 ones.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 09:08 am:

Ha .. had them in a box in the garage. They were in much better condition than the ones on the car when I bought it. Iíll trade for later ones in equal condition. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration