Cover plate for starter

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Cover plate for starter
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harley Morgan MD on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 10:37 am:

Need help locating cover plate for starter port in engine
1922 T I am having new starter built but in meantime
Would like to hand crank
Old starter dissembled and would rather not put it back
St Simons Island GA

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 10:40 am:

Lang's has them.

https://www.modeltford.com/model-t-parts/starter/page-5.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Harley Morgan MD on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 10:58 am:

Ok thanks hm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 11:40 am:

WELCOME to the forum Doc! When you get time how about posting a picture of your '22 Touring pick-up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 12:35 pm:

There was one offered here in the classifieds a few days ago from Mark Chaffin if I recall correctly.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 04:20 pm:

Unless you will reisntall your bendix cover you will need two different ones; square for the starter side and a round one for the Bendix side. Sorry I don't have an extra pair. I don't know what your timing is, or when there is a swap meet in your area, but these are usually easy to find and swap meets. Do you know anyone going to Chickasha? It's in March.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JD, Wichita, KS on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 04:21 pm:

Let me know if these would work:
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/795938.html?1508015206

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 04:36 pm:

Doc;

The square one and the round are exactly what you need, and that's a good price.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 05:49 pm:

Welcome to the forum.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 10:38 pm:

JD, any more available? Thanks, Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 11:32 pm:

If just temp get gasket i used plywood and or tin sheet and made one

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dave Frost on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 11:36 pm:

I'm thinking this would be great for running an engine in a test stand. Sure I can cut one out but for the price, not worth the time to do it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By JD, Wichita, KS on Monday, January 22, 2018 - 02:46 pm:

Dave - or anyone else -
Just send me a PM.
I have plenty available.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration