Found a neat motor meter today

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Found a neat motor meter today
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 03:10 pm:

Dad collected accessories for cars and he wound display them all over the house but this one was wraped in news paper from 1948. Cheers Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 03:18 pm:

Wow!! That one is "owl" right !!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 03:22 pm:

I'd love to see that work. I'm guessing green means go and red means shut 'er down ?? wondering why green on the back only ??

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 04:49 pm:

George, the owl has one red eye and one green eye. I think that follows nautical running lights. The driver sees the usual motometer gauge from the rear, the light would make it so the temp would be visible if it reaches "overheated" in the circle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 05:40 pm:

That great. Wish it was on my 26 rpu..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt the Headlight Lens Guy n California on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 06:10 pm:

W-owl!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 06:32 pm:

The two eyes are green the red part is at the sides the bulb inside is right at the circle of the meter, and I believe this to be the smallest of the motor meters at 2.25 inches wide. It is all nickel plated. cheers Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 06:37 pm:

Ha ha, Colin thanks for correcting my error. I must be red-green color blind. What a wonderful item ! Thanks for showing us.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 07:22 pm:

It would be are real hoo't to install that one. But you could only drive at night or at dusk! LOL

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 08:48 pm:

Very cool!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration