Beugler Pin Striping Tool

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Beugler Pin Striping Tool
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc Roberts, York, Pennsylvania on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 05:25 pm:

Has anyone used one of these? Comments on your experience would be appreciated.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 05:35 pm:

I have, they're great!!!!!!!

The double wheel is difficult, but the singles are no problem and do a very nice job.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Franko on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 05:40 pm:

Marc,If your looking to buy one I have one that I never used for sale at. $60. 00. Tim Franko. 216-447-0437

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 05:52 pm:

A friend of mine has one on loan to me. It takes LOTS of practice. My roll around tool box and rototiller have pinstripes on them. I was not brave enough to do my car, so I found a local guy with a steady hand and a squirrel hair brush.

: ^ )

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary London, Camarillo, CA on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 06:27 pm:

Get some very narrow tape, about 1/16", and use it as a visual guide I put the tape down and then follow it, staying an even distance away. I find that easier then completely freehand or the wire guides they include. If you do start to wander just gradually make your correction to get back on track. Yes, you'll know where every imperfection is, but most people will never notice them at all. If you,do make an error just clean it off with mineral spirits and let it dry completely before reattempting. For something like a wheel fellow where you do the double line lay one down, let it dry completely, then lay down the other. The wheel fellow is where I tried the double line wheel and just never got good results with it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 06:38 pm:

I used tape and so far it's sticking fine. Absolutely no previous experience.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Townsend ; ^ ) Gresham, Orygun on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 06:40 pm:

Marc-
What are you pin striping?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Colin Mavins Winnipeg,Canada on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 06:41 pm:

When Dad striped the 12 he practiced on a card board box and he said always start and stop on tape for clean starts and stops. Dad striped the 12 with the old small glass bottle and wheel 1963, It is much easier with the Beugler. Cheers Colin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 06:41 pm:

For myself, it was easier to master a dagger than the wheeled device. Tip when pulling long straight lines, don't look at where you are, look to where you'll end up.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc Roberts, York, Pennsylvania on Sunday, January 21, 2018 - 07:19 pm:

Eventually old car work, but initially I plan to try doing rings on painted clock dials using a turntable, then a safe.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration