OT - what to do on a day like this? Some of the obscure places Ford Model K appeared.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT - what to do on a day like this? Some of the obscure places Ford Model K appeared.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, January 22, 2018 - 01:39 pm:

This is what it looks like out my front window today. Maybe a good time to throw out some obscure locations Ford Model K appeared over the years. Usually I try to find information and build a story around particular cars. However, sometimes there is only one entry or article about one of these cars. Considering that only a thousand were made, it amazes me the number of places they showed up over the years.

Balmy Nebraska this morning:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, January 22, 2018 - 01:43 pm:

Anaconda, MT. A Ford Model K touring car was used as a livery car for a few years in this resort/vacation community between 1907 and 1910. Weekly an add appeared in the local paper promoting trips into the mountains and surrounding area in "The Big Ford."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, January 22, 2018 - 01:49 pm:

By 1914, the Ford Six is an outdated car, but some are still on the road. Evidently in Yuma a big car was still a new sight:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, January 22, 2018 - 01:58 pm:

In 1909, one in Lethbridge, Alberta Canada, south of Calgary:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, January 22, 2018 - 02:09 pm:

From north to south, one in Mississippi for sale in 1915. I haven't found many K or other large cars in the southeastern part of the country:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Monday, January 22, 2018 - 02:23 pm:

Yeah were waiting for your shipment here in the Ozarks. Supposed to be here in the next 30 mins. Thanks for sharing Rob. Hint :Steve Jelf could use a little more for his wheat.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, January 22, 2018 - 06:15 pm:

George, it's not getting any better here, although we haven't had much snow.

A few more out of the way spots. One K ends up in Richmond, IN. Others in Texas, North Dakota and Hawaii:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Monday, January 22, 2018 - 06:15 pm:

The Greensville advert looks to be quite a high price for a seven year old car which is essentially obsolete. Someone liked it and thought it might get those dollars. I guess it worth close to 100 times that amount today.
One of our members has an EMF which is quite similar and quite honestly I am amazed how well it handles the local traffic. It accelerates and brakes with no problems in traffic. Mind you it seems to go through regular engine rebuilds.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dick Fischer - Arroyo Grande, CA on Monday, January 22, 2018 - 08:42 pm:

I'm gonna send a letter to that P.O. Box in Arcola, Miss. Who knows, maybe he never get any takers !

Always an optimist. Dick F.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration