Brass radiator/mother In-law seat info needed

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Brass radiator/mother In-law seat info needed
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Bibbens on Monday, January 22, 2018 - 11:18 pm:

hi more from the barn find
Would like to know the year of this radiator
Is this Mother In-law seat Model T
Thanks Jon

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 02:47 am:

Show the top, sides, and back of the radiator.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 02:56 am:

The radiator was made sometime between 1911 and 1916. The side plates and bottom trim look to be missing and depending on the condition of the top tank, it is the only part worth saving.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 02:30 pm:

Top tank was stamped Made in USA after April 1912, so not 1911. If radiator sides have holes for Acetylene hoses, this is also later than mid 12. Should have a serial'd brass ID tag soldered to back of the tank?
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Bibbens on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 03:06 pm:

added photos

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 03:11 pm:

Stamped ID tag, 1914.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 07:22 pm:

Have to agree with Mark...not much worth saving on this thing. Too bad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Rosenthal in Cincinnati Oh on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 10:35 am:

Hello Jon:
Agree that little opportunity for restoring, but if this can be made usable, somebody out there is building a rat "T" that may be able to use this. I took a similar 12 to Chicasha a couple years ago, and sure enough, someone bought it for just this purpose.
Regards,
Scott

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jon Bibbens on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 09:09 am:

thanks for the information

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 11:11 am:

I would still say the top tank is saveable, the core not so much. Also the side trim piece would be good for a pattern if nothing else but even then with a little work it could be saved, maybe. If you are going to sell, could do it two ways; sell as is or remove the side piece and cut the core away from the top just below the head plate. I would have to do more checking but I think the bottom tank, core and head plate were the same up to about 1923 low radiator cars and trucks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 05:23 am:

That radiator may be worth more as an example of how they were made back then than for actually trying to use it. May be useful for patterns? I don't think I would cut it up. JMHO Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 11:28 am:

Except for a few missing trim pieces this one might be a good candidate for a re-core. Hanging on the wall does no one any good except decorate your man cave esp if you don't have one for your project and can't afford Brassworks. :-)

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration