Chickasha 2018 not long now

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Chickasha 2018 not long now
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Webb on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 06:09 am:

Whats everybody bringing and whats everybody looking out for
Not long now

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 10:32 am:

My main item I need is a rear hub for the three bolt Disteel wheels. I usually do not bring much, I leave that up to my friends that go with me. :-) Im too busy running around looking and digging thru the boxes :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gene french on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 11:20 am:

will have my linebores and bearing molds for Model T and A Ford mains and rods , I am also bringing various accessory items including several distributors , manifolds and a Chev. cylinder head to Model T adapter plate , a KR Wilson Model A linebore frame and other small items ...will be in the south building at space SL 4 ...looking forward to the meet ...always an optimist...Gene French 970-581-2808

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Adam Doleshal on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 11:31 am:

Ill be there. I have one outside space on the west side of the middle building. Same place Ive been for the last four years. Not sure if Im just buying this year or if i will set up to vend too.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 11:56 am:

I will be bringing an almost complete 1914 motor (Block, front cover, low head, al hogshead etc) , 14 splash apron, rebuilt 21 demountable wheels, 26-7 special fan mounting, etc.
Ill be looking for a E-Brake cross shaft with solid cam and 09 E-Brake rods with cast ends.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hammatt on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 02:36 pm:

Springtime weather in Chickasha (sunshine, snow, wind, warm days, cold days, etc.) is always fun to look forward to. I'll be in the North building NJ 8-9. Stop by and see the leather license plates. I'm normally in my space through noon on Saturday. If you haven't been in a while, come see the improvements being made to the grounds.
1912 Colo

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Iowa John L Williams on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 03:37 pm:

Hi From Iowa: My Grandson & I will be in SO 9-10. We will have some T Speedster ods & ends! See You all in Mar!?! John

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Webb on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 05:00 pm:

I am travelling from Australia direct into Dallas on the Wednesday
This is my second Chickasha trip and am looking forward to it

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Garrett on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 05:11 pm:

I'm ready for some good old fashioned swapping too, but I sure hope somebody gets the word to the organizers about the problem with only ONE food vendor - at least only one inside that we found. We stood in looooooong lines and then found out they had run out of several things. C'mon man!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 09:56 pm:

Mike, if it wasn't for the the Pizza lunch put on by some of our well known vendors, I would have starved in 2010. The only think we could find on the premises were some curly potatoes.

And they subsequently stopped the pizza lunch because the food vendor/s complained!!!!

The really nice thing about the pizza lunch in 2010 was the half hour conversation I had with Bruce McC, where we were jointly lamenting the bastardisation of the English language.

Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 10:08 pm:

When I last went in 2016 there were at least two food vendors, one between the north building and the conference area and one in the north building.
I hope there are at least two this year. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Michael Deichmann, Blistrup, Danmark on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 03:34 am:

Ohh this time of year again! Now 8 years since I was there last and would reaaallly like to come back - eventually with a handful of T buddies but the finances just don't allow it as Hersey (my first) is in the plans for this year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tom VanMeeteren Valley, Nebraska on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 08:54 am:

We will be in the north building at our usual spot with period wire and lots of NOS ignition parts for most makes and models from 1910 to 1960. Parts include distributor caps, points, condenser, rotors, switches, brushes, cutouts, etc.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Webb on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 05:51 am:

Something that I will be looking for is a high nickel radiator shell
One without cracks if possible

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ignacio Valdes on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 10:01 pm:

Anyone bringing hickory spokes for sale?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 10:30 pm:

Ignacio, if history is any guide you can buy them from Lang's and pick them up at Chickasha.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Walker, NW AR on Thursday, February 01, 2018 - 09:53 am:

As of today, Chickasha is NEXT MONTH! Time to get excited! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Rush on Friday, February 23, 2018 - 07:38 am:

I'm looking for 1914 T parts including nice original lettered "C" clutch pedal (not a welded on head version), a nice brass Ford script "MADE IN USA" breather cap, and a Bridgeport Brass dual cylinder "AEOLUS" tire pump (working or not). If you have any of these to sell and can bring, that would be great. Let me know where to meet you. I will be there early for outside presale.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Sorenson-Montrose,CO on Friday, February 23, 2018 - 10:52 am:

Having never been I was just wondering ....
What the dates are and is it just Model T or do people bring V8 stuff too...??
I need a good Swap Meet Fix...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, February 23, 2018 - 11:03 am:

Carl, it's Friday March 16 and Saturday March 17. Traditionally vendors line up the day before (Thursday this time) and considerable buying and selling goes on before the gates open in the afternoon for set-up. During the Model T era half the cars in the world were Fords, so naturally a lot of the stuff at the meet is Model T. But it's a prewar meet, so anything 1942 or earlier is fair game.

http://pwsm.com/

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Derek Kiefer - Mantorville, MN on Friday, February 23, 2018 - 01:20 pm:

I still need to send in my registration.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By george house . . .caldwell county, TX on Friday, February 23, 2018 - 01:37 pm:

Im sorry that Ill miss seeing all my friends at Chickasha this year. Please enjoy the ice cream at Braums and BBQ ribs at Amber OK for me :o(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Friday, February 23, 2018 - 06:54 pm:

George: Sorry to hear you won't be coming this year. I hope all is well with you and yours. I always enjoy our conversations each year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Friday, February 23, 2018 - 06:56 pm:

Does anyone have an extra bed for Friday night? I only booked one night, Thursday. Then I found out about a club meeting late in the day on Friday that I would like to attend.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Friday, February 23, 2018 - 09:14 pm:

When I get home I will check

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Friday, February 23, 2018 - 10:11 pm:

I need someone to bring a lathe from California.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Friday, February 23, 2018 - 10:56 pm:

Plenty of sleeping room in the south building, and the price is perfect. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 12:30 am:

Richard- if you find a ride for your lathe at Bruces, I have a drill press that needs to go that way and your lathe is just on the other side of SF bay from me, so they could possibly ride together and keep each other company. Dan

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 02:05 am:

Steve Jelf. I am aware of that, and even tried it once. I said never again. I am not as rugged as you I guess. I am just a softie and need a nice comfy bed. Thanks for the suggestion though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Joe Goss on Saturday, February 24, 2018 - 09:09 am:

I would like a front seat bottom for my October of 1913 touring. Old upholstery would be great, but could be just springs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hammatt on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 08:59 am:

We arrive early Thursday morning (flying in from Seattle) and driving to Chickasha to be ready for
Thursday late afternoon entry onto the grounds for setup. Included in my recently received vendor
confirmation packet was a special notice regarding the following change in the format.

1. A windshield sticker to be placed on your vehicle's windshield prior to entering the gate
(no change from last year).

2. If you're driving a trailer to be placed on your space prior to Thursday's gate opening "YOU
MUST BE THERE BY 1PM" (I believe that this is the same as last year).

3. "We will be entering from the east field by the fairgrounds marquee" THIS IS A MAJOR CHANGE
FROM USING THE WEST ENTRANCE TO USING THE EAST ENTRANCE.

4. ....in the staging field there will be limited space for parking. (I'm unsure of any impact this
will have, possibly cut down on congestion in the staging area found in prior years?)

Typically on the full day (Friday) evening there have been open house visits to 3-4 collections in
the greater OKC area. If this is still the plan, be sure to save some time on Friday for a great
evening to visit some extremely interesting collections. I always stay in my space as a
vendor until noon on Saturday.

Also, starting last year Susie and Mike made available ATM machine(s)?? on site. Buyers
mentioned to me that this was appreciated. I'm looking forward to this year's meet. Here's
hoping for good weather.

Also, remember the FRIDAY NOON Buick gathering at my vendor space NJ 8-9 in the North Bldg (where
the weather inside is always perfect!). We're just inside the North Bldg,enter the bldg into the
center lobby by the restrooms, turn right, then immediate left, we're on the left. I always have
the grey banner with the leather license plate logo.

Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 09:33 am:

I expect the east staging area will be no smaller than it used to be. I think all the new construction is south of it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hammatt on Monday, February 26, 2018 - 11:50 am:

Steve
I suspect that you may be right, but in the past few years (those years before staging was changed to the
WEST side entrance) the entrance was on the north end, now it's on the EAST side.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Webb on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 04:37 pm:

Less than 2 weeks now
Whats the weather been like as I am coming from down under

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Saturday, March 03, 2018 - 05:10 pm:

The ten day forecast takes us up to the Monday before.

Of course, between now and then it's quite possible for this to change radically.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Andrew Webb on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 03:53 am:

Thanks Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donnie Brown North Central Arkansas on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 10:48 am:

Im almost loaded, just have the final things like clothes, bedding, and food to load. Looking forward to another good year. Ive mentioned this before about the weather. You need to come prepared for nice weather, cold weather, very cold weather, and very, very cold weather. Then it could rain, snow, sleet, or be a nice and sunny day. There can be dust, mud, frozen mud, or ????. And do not believe a word the weather man predicts. That time of year in Chickasha the weather can change daily, and sometimes hourly. I have been there where the weather was 85 degrees and sunny one day and a full blown blizzard the next day (it shut down the Interstates for a few hours). But no matter what the weather, we will be there again.

As to sleeping on the spaces, or just finding a place to sleep in the south building. If you bring an air mattress and an electric blanket, I find it is better than some of the motel rooms I have stayed in at Chickasha. And where else can you wake up in the morning and see a "sea" of old car parts in your bedroom.

Im starting to get a "bad case" of "Chickasha fever" and only a trip to Chickasha will cure it.

See Ya'll there spaces SL 12 13 and 14 in the south building ...

Have fun and be safe .......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hammatt on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 03:16 pm:

"See you at the 'sha!"

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 04:17 pm:

Looking forward to bedding down amidst the cars and parts again. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 08:24 pm:

Weather is looking good

Thu, Mar 15. Partly Cloudy. 67/48

Fri, Mar 16. Partly Cloudy. 69/48

Sat, Mar 17 Partly Cloudy. 71/49

Hope to see everyone there :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Davis Houston TX on Sunday, March 04, 2018 - 09:28 pm:

I'm bringing 4 wood spoke wheels,3 rims. Solid condition. Painted black but will strip to whatever you wish. Ready to mount. Will arrive 3 on Thurs.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration