Masshole registry strikes me again !

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Masshole registry strikes me again !
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 06:55 am:

Time to renew my 23 Ford. My insurance co. can
do that for extra 5 bucks. No problem cause I detest going to that dispickable place. Nope
the plate is no good? The plate a 6 digit
nothing special not a vanity just a regular
number antique plate. Its been on this car for
5yrs. before that it was on my 59 Lincoln since
1980. Insurance say I gotta go there and get another plate. I can't do that cause I definatly
will get in a fight plus I can't sit on them
wooden benches for an hour. My son says some
registry crook wants it which they have the power to do.. Now on my daily driver 46 Ford with a regular 4 digit which was the 9,000 car registered in this state from my grandfather and if they screw with that I swear my father will strick them with lightning or I will. again I have no want or feeling for this number
its just the pricipal from those idiots. If this was 50yrs ago I'd suck wind, but I now am
too old to take any crap from those crooks. Think I'll talk to my lawyer boy would I like to sue them. Any one remember my post back in
2013 for a title and they much had said to dig up the origional owner have her sign it. She died in 1943 = thats their dead beat brains.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 07:16 am:

Everyone should have a Lawyer Boy

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 07:23 am:

As if I needed another one, there's yet another reason I wouldn't care to live anywhere else but here. Some of the horror stories I hear from some of you are astonishing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A. Golden on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 07:56 am:

About 40 years ago, I was offered an expensive foreign car for a very good price, with no title and a gentleman's agreement that I would part it out and kind of destroy it for good.

It had belonged to a guy in New York City, and five years earlier, he had taken it up to the Catskill mountains and hid it in an old barn, then reported it stolen and collected the insurance money.

A few days later, we often discussed cars at lunch and I mentioned the offer. The guy running that company had an MBA from a New England school and wanted the guy's name.

That surprised me that he would be interested in something so illegal and I evidently kind of implied it.

Then he told me he had a friend in the Motor Vehicle Administration that would get him a title for the car with no problems.

While he was going to college for his MBA, the friend gave him a new title for his car four times.

That was each time he reported it stolen, when he got short of cash.

Each time, the friend would change two numbers on his title and issue him a new one, after he determined no one else had one with those same numbers.

I left the company and moved to another state about a month later.

I do not know if the guy bought the car or if his story was another success.

There was a newspaper article about a year later about some of those MVA people going to jail for changing titles though.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 08:21 am:

The evils of "Humanity" show again.

When rules are made for the common good, it seems that there is always someone trying to "milk" the system and get around the rules.

Maybe - just maybe - humans will delete greed from their DNA. (But we'd better not hold our collective breath waiting for that day).

Be honest - do the right thing...what "goes around, comes around"...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 09:12 am:

Well said but why would anyone want a no nothing nothing special plate. This is what you get
just putting a grocery getter on the road??? If
I was not on a fixed income my shoes would be
burnin to get out of this dump............

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Neil Haywood on Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 08:59 am:

When I first went to register my 15 in 2001 the lady at the Ma DMV wanted affidavits from all the previous owners dating back to 1941. Last year it was registered. Use Broadway Title in Al and got a new Tittle. Went back to the DMV, same lady, no problem. Not sure if the new laws would still allow this.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 09:29 am:

Neil its not a title problem its a current renewal problem. Plate been renewed last five years no problem now they say plate if no good.
see if i can put a pic and if I can whats to
special about this plate

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 09:42 am:

sorry I don't know how to add or edit; anyways
this plate is really the property of the RVV
Ok, this is what the RMV idiots gave me and now
its no good?????? as retired cop I went to my old
place DPD, good to walk through them old doors again
well we ran my (this plate) comes back no response. how can that be?? my reg. was stamped
by those xooed idiots. Fact is the principal; too old to get high blood pressure rather go to photo shop print red "18" sticker & they go stick em self- further the car and I should be
granfathered and free. You reading this you rmv crooks....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 10:04 am:

Addition to Masshole registry my daily and only
means is a 1946 Ford super deluxe V8. My plate
handed down from my grandfather to father and me in
which I turn to my son. Yea I'm old man and as
they say "don't screw with old men" liable ta shoot ya. this plate from 1908 issued to grandfather. And for this the crooks get $100 to renew. So I demand a seinor discount: know way.
this plate sorry for ramblin

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By samuel pine on Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 10:08 am:

two hours stupic computors

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry & Sharon Miller, Westminster, CO on Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 06:21 pm:

Sam,

I think I may have an answer for you.

As the number of vehicles increases in a state, the state has to license all of them. What happens when the state runs out of numbers? You can only put so many characters on a license plate.

Here in Colorado, several years ago, they moved to a new format for plate numbers: 3 numbers and 3 letters. With one set of letters, you can get 999 plate numbers. Then you change one letter and get another 999 plates and so on. Then you can change the order of the letters and begin again. NOW you put the letters first and the numbers last and you start all over again. Millions of plates are possible now. I'm sure one of the mathematicians out there could tell us exactly how many combinations of letters and numbers there actually are.

When Colorado did this, we "lost" our trailer plate. The state said: "Here is a new trailer plate. Use this one because we are invalidating your old one." Actually, we found out, the old number had become the format for motorcycle license plates and the new plate, we got, was in the new format.

Thus, the state is probably changing formats and yours doesn't fit the new format. That's the problem and not someone wanting your plate number specifically. To check this out, see what the new plate format is, then you'll know for sure or not.

In Colorado, a Horseless Carriage plate (now a Collector plate) allows you to display a Year Of Manufacture plate without displaying a current license plate. You have to have the current license plate and registration IN the car but not displayed ON the car. This really makes for a great period show car as there is nothing "new" to detract from the presentation.

Good Luck with your "legal" battle. If Mass. is changing plate formats, I'll bet there is little you can do to fight it.

Cheers,
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 07:51 pm:

Well the next thing ya’ know - old Sam’s a Millionaire

The Kinfolk say - “ Sam Move away from there ! “

Said “ New Hampshire is the place you ought to be “

So Sam loaded up his truck & trailered his Model T

New Hampshire ...

“ Live Free Or Die “ ....

So the first place Sam went was the NH DMV ....

They said “ No problem - we will register your T ! “

Gave Ol’ Sam a three digit plate - Much to His Glee ....

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 12:08 am:

And he drove his T down the road for eternity. oil dripping, rod knocking, piston slapping Happy as can be. You all come back now,drive your T and I don't want-A see any fuses, water pumps or disk brakes, If Henry didn't make it you don't need it, You hear Me Boy.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By James A Bartsch on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 06:12 pm:

With 6 numbers there are a million unique plates. using 3 numbers plus 3 letters yields 17,576,000. NY uses 3 letters with 4 numerals but some combinations of letters are deemed unfit for display, so the actual number of plates is less than the theoretical number possible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 06:59 pm:

Bought a 1926 truck, never been reg or licensed in it's life It lived in the hill country of south mo. Well $1200 over 500 miles to 4 different license offices, bingo got it registered. Now I am on my 3rd week waiting for my year of manufacture plate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Willis Jenkins on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 07:28 pm:

I am amazed that people do not read their posts before posting! I did get quite a laugh at a miss speller calling a government employee an idiot though.....

Cheers,
Willis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By john pawlowski - NE Pennsylvania on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 08:03 pm:

I could not believe how great Pennsylvania is when it comes to Classic and Antique cars. After being roto rooter for years by the state of new york I called Penndot thinking that there was an over sight. Nope all was good. No yearly registration fees in PA for antique/classic vehicles.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration