Old Photo - Tattered T At The Pumps

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo - Tattered T At The Pumps
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 08:40 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 08:56 am:

Reminds me of a guy I knew who lived up on a hill in a log cabin when I was high school age [1972]. He drove to town in a T runabout with a little dog in the seat. His car was tattered like this one.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 01:53 pm:

Interesting that the left pump is Texaco, and the right one is Indian Gas. From the pumps, would this be 50's?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By charley shaver- liberal,mo. on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 02:53 pm:

pumps are Wayne 60s 1935 up. charley

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 07:03 pm:

It was still able to get to the pump. Even if it looked bad.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 08:55 pm:

And by god he keeps his tires pumped up!
Oop, he's headed inside to get some oil.
He'll pay the alien in the suit after. :-)
Cool photo! Thank you!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 09:15 pm:

That reminds me of when I was growing up. I recognized several Model T's in the neighborhood. There were two tourings which went by our house every day. One with a good looking top and the other had a top hanging in shreds, but still up. There were also center doors and coupes. The vegetable man had a roadster pickup with a canopy over it and a scale hanging on the corner. He used to cut a wedge out of a watermelon for a sample. In the summer at night when I was laying in bed with the window open, I could hear the cars pulling out of the stop sign. It was up a slight grade and I could tell what kind of car it was by the sound of the engine. The Model T's had their own distinct sound, as did the Model A's. The Plymouth had it's own sound as did the early V8. The Chevy had a different sound. These days I can't tell the difference in sound between the modern cars and they look so much alike I need to look at the logo to tell what kind it is!
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Tuesday, January 23, 2018 - 09:42 pm:

You're doing better than me Norm - I look at the logo and still don't know what make it is. : (

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 07:47 am:

"I look at the logo and still don't know what make it is."

Ain't THAT the truth!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Vern (Vieux Carre) on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 01:30 pm:

All the Asian cars went with the logo in a circle. Mazda's was so indistinguishable that it cost them financially until people could figure out what it was. Engine sounds were unique until manufacturers added catalytic converters and resonators in addition to the muffler. I hope to hear our T make real noise one day, if for no other reason.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 01:53 pm:

Looks like an Ol' Desert Rat.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration