More fun in the snow

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: More fun in the snow
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Chady on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 11:34 am:

Yesterday was beautiful, woke up to 3 inches of light feathery snow that stuck to all the branches of trees and bushes. Walked over to the Model T and she fired right up, it was a day for cruising. I don't know how many miles I put on, and I started with less than a full tank but I ran out of gas. Luckily only 1 block from a gas station.

I stopped along the way and took some photos and did a few Live videos on Facebook. People love seeing this car out and about.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 11:41 am:

Like! :-O

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Chady on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 12:03 pm:

When I resized the photos the color and clarity really changed.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harper - Keene, NH on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 01:19 pm:

Hi John,

Lovely photos. You must have had a magical trip.

I must ask some camera and software questions as I am flabbergasted by the sharp focus and large size of your pictures.

Quite simply; how do you do it?

When I need to resize before posting any pictures, they ALWAYS become smaller. Before the resizing they are actually too large to be viewed on my laptop screen and I must use the cursor to drag the image around to see all of it.

What camera do you use and, perhaps more important, what is the default size of the image. How many megapixels?

What resizing software do you use?

Inquiring minds would like to know. Thank you for sharing, Bill.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Chady on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 01:29 pm:

I use my cell phone, set to 16:9 and 9.1 megapixels. I use http://picresize.com/results to resize the photos. You can adjust pixel width and height, jpeg quality and final Kilobyte size. I shoot for 2000 pixels wide, seems to be right to fill the screen on a desktop, but its a bit wide for mobile use.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Chady on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 02:42 pm:

What made the trip really magical was picking up this fine lady and taking her for a ride. This is my wifes' best friends Mom. 2 weeks ago she lost her 43 year old son to a heart attack. I am the same age. She said she had only been out of the house once before yesterday. Her sons death has hitten her very hard. She said that yesterday was a respite from her dark despair and she had a smile from her soul.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Duey_C-west central, MN on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 01:07 am:

John, you and your T served a great purpose for this lady!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 08:57 am:

John,

Just Beautiful !

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 09:06 am:

Great photos John, thank you for sharing. Bill Harper and I believe in driving our Ts year round (when the roads are safe).

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Rogers - South of the Adirondacks NY on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 09:14 am:

Now there's a good woman! Willing to bundle up a take a ride- nice!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Osterman on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 09:24 am:

Drove to work today here in Rochester. Started right up with no problems. Nice that sunset is now after 5:00. I can drive to work when the roads don't have wet salt residue.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren Henderson, Dunbarton, NH on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 09:29 am:

Thank you again John, for posting your the photo resize web address. I tried using http://picresize.com/results and this is what I got.

Happy motoring,

Warren

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 12:16 pm:

John, That was a really good deed you did for that lady. Thank you for sharing it with us.

Keith

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Chady on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 03:01 pm:

Warren, Pictures look great. The T is so much fun in the snow. I'm not sure I could handle an open car though, I'm too much of a wimp.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Scott Lay,,,,,,,,,,,,,,Lancaster Ca. on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 09:21 pm:

Looks like you had a great day. What’s that white stuff all around?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 06:40 pm:

John thank you for your act of kindness to this lady.
This is one reason we should have our Model T's.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration