My Touring exploded (on television)

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: My Touring exploded (on television)
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 12:20 pm:

From time to time we get called upon to have our vehicles used in movies & television. A few years ago, Comedy Central launched a show called Another Period and needed a Chauffeur to deliver the stars on the red carpet. I did that promo with my '15 touring and was invited back for a wedding scene a year later. At the end of the season, the bride & groom crashed into a tree and my car blew up. Don't worry, it was all special effects. I thought that was the end of my touring car's career on that show. Well, I got another call about a year later asking for a wheel... A burned up wheel. It seems, the only thing left after the crash was a wheel (charred & crispy). I happened to have a junk wheel and my good Model T friend Derrick Pang had a junk (rock hard) white tire I could use. I put it all together & you can see the results on the season premiere of Another Period. It aired last night but can be viewed on their website.

t1

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Johnson on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 01:36 pm:

Here's the 2018 premier.

http://www.cc.com/episodes/v78pte/another-period-congress-season-3-ep-301

You can see the Ford crash approximately 30 seconds into the recap at the beginning of the episode. The burnt wheel is at 2:50.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George n LakeOzark,Missourah on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 01:50 pm:

I always wondered what Derrick was going to do with that bum white tire. Sort of thought that if they had previously been mounted that who ever took them off did something wrong to tear up that bead.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Harris, Huntington Beach California on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 01:56 pm:

Thanks for posting the link Erik :-)

Here's a shot of the car the day they blew it up...

ranch

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration