1915 wood plans

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: 1915 wood plans
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robin Pharis on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 02:24 pm:

I'm looking for a copy or where to buy a set of wood plans for a 1915 Model T Roadster can anybody help me please

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hap Tucker in Sumter SC on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 05:22 pm:

Robin,

I would highly recommend Leon Parker's wood plans. He has them for the 1913 to 1927 open cars (touring and roadsters/runabouts).

You can contact him via the Private Message feature of the MTFCA website -- see his profile at: http://www.mtfca.com/cgi-bin/discus/board-profile.cgi?action=view_profile&profil e=leon_parker-users or that same link has his e-mail address which is: ford1914@bellsouth.net

One of several customer comments at: http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/179374/198934.html?1300828585

And if you have a question you can ask him over the phone.

Note if you would like a free copy of the RV Anderson's article about his rewooding his low cowl 1923 runabout/roadster -- drop me a note with "send runabout rewooding plans" in the subject. The club allows us to share those to promote our club, hobby and to get a few more cars back on the road. Some of the items will be the same (door wood) while others will have changed. But it should give you a general idea of what is involved.

Also, it is very helpful if you have the sheet metal all from one car body company. There were several body makers supplying Ford and the panel did not always interchange. See: http://www.mtfca.com/encyclo/doc15.htm which has:

JUN 26, 1915 Factory Letter

"Hereafter when ordering body panels for 1915 cars, please give both the car and body numbers. The body number will be found on the right sill just inside the front door. This number will be preceded by a letter which indicates by whom the body was made.

"The above information is necessary as panels for bodies made by our various suppliers vary somewhat."

Good luck with your roadster.

Respectfully submitted,

Hap l9l5 cut off

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Wayne Sheldon, Grass Valley, CA on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 08:06 pm:

The '15 through '23 runabout bodies varied quite a lot in both sheet metal and wood structure. I re-wooded a runabout some years ago, using a set of plans I bought second hand years earlier. The original wood I had did not quite match what the plans said I needed, so I had to combine and alter to fit. I am not sure how much of that was vintage of body or manufacturer of body. But I know the structure varies a lot.

I do like to recommend buying a set of plans from Leon Parker. He performs a good service to our hobby, and deserves to make a few bucks doing so. Besides, I suspect his plans are better anyway. The set I have are so old (they are copies), they came from Harrah's research. You are not far away, if you would like to borrow my set? I would loan them, but like to get them back (I hope to re-wood another one). My set is four pages, and supposedly complete as supplied by Harrah's, but they do not show the wood for inside the doors, or seat back. The front floor riser was not illustrated either. That was another area I had to recreate using my original wood.
Given how the runabouts varied (I think touring cars did also), I would expect it best to talk with Leon P directly to make sure you get what you need. However, if you would prefer to borrow my set? Give me a call/leave a message. Nine-two-5--9-8-zero--six-nine-0-eight

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Robin Pharis on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 11:39 pm:

Thank you for your help
You have solved my problem

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration