DEEP VEE BRASS RADIATOR WANTED

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: DEEP VEE BRASS RADIATOR WANTED
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 03:25 pm:

Looking for a DEEP VEE brass model T speedster radiator.
Got one you are not going to use, turn it into cash.

thnx

brasscarguy@comcast.net

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Will Copeland - West Melbourne Florida on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 06:14 pm:

That topic came up at the last cruise in. Someone mentioned that there is a guy in Australia making them. If I run into them again I will see if I can get more information on it for you.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Paul Mikeska, Denver CO on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 06:46 pm:

Brass Works still has them in their catalog. Kind of pricey.

http://www.thebrassworks.net/shop/Reproduction-Radiators-Model-T-Speedster-Radia tors/c11_55/p50/Livingston-V-Speedster-Radiator/product_info.html?osCsid=5ee27ef 384deb11b0c6e8ffe5bfe8f29

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 06:58 pm:

Note the car in the sales brochure picture has a BUMPER on it. I would be so squeamish driving around with that much money for a radiator out front without a bumper and even with 1 I would be on pins and needles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tony Bowker, Ramona, CA on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 08:55 pm:

Brassworks make two different “V” radiator, one has a depth of about 5” and the other about 10”. There was a speedster on last years run that had the VERY deep radiator. It sticks out further than the front wheels......

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 09:40 pm:

Unknown owner in his speedster

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By brass car guy on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 12:16 am:

Will,

I sent you a pm

thnx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 01:28 am:

The only one that I can think of that it could be is
Greg Stevens in Queensland.
His web site is; www.ftrs.com.au

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 11:36 am:

Replicore in I believe Australia makes really excellent “cellular” style radiator cores. I have bought 2 of them for some early cars I have and installed them myself
Brass works V radiators are very nice. I bought a “kit” from them as I wanted mine to be nickle plated and the plating has to be done part way through the assembly process. You can nickle plate over solder and you can solder nickle plated parts. It serves my requirements

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank van Ekeren (Australia) on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 03:45 pm:

Replicore are in New Zealand.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 12:06 pm:

Ok so my OP, I really like the black one with the radiator set back. The yellow one, maybe sticks out too far, reminds me of the despicable Professor Fate's car in the Movie the Great Race. :-) LOL
Would be interesting to see how they are braced, looks like a lot of supported weight sticking out.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration