Kidde Extinguisher Recall

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Kidde Extinguisher Recall
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bill Aber on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 07:18 pm:

The MTFCI magazine had an important article regarding the recall of a large number of Kidde fire extinguishers. Unfortunately the address provided them is a blank website. The correct address is www.kidde.com.
A direct link to the recall information is :
http://www.kidde.com/home-safety/en/us/

Having a sound extinguisher is a good idea followed by many drivers, so check this out.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Bocchi on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 08:03 pm:

I returned two and received the new ones within 2 weeks. Very happy with the treatment I received.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 08:52 pm:

I've been waiting almost 2 months for my replacement !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Zibell, Huntsville, AL on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 11:29 am:

It can take awhile to get the replacement extinguishers. I need to replace 3. After I received these 3, I received a 4th. I called to see how to return it and they said they were shipping extras and to just keep it. Sometimes you get lucky.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 07:19 pm:

I felt like a monkey trying to use a teletype machine looking for a certain number they wanted off the 1 I returned.They guided me thru and all went well. I would think it has been a incredible burden on that company trying to replace all those units.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Donald Vagasky,Tucson on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 07:58 pm:

I had 6 for recall, received 5 several weeks ago, today I received 3. will call them tomorrow.

Hey Steve,....maybe I got yours buy mistake.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Davis on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 11:00 pm:

I had four under the recall the first two which were smaller units I received in 1 week of calling the last two that were commercial 9/10 lb units took about a month, Rep was nice guided me through finding all the numbers they wanted and verified there were covered, they recalled some units going back to the early seventies new old, junk, full or charge expended. if they are on the list they are covered, I had one looked like it came out of a junk yard. Only minor glitch they skimped on the packing noodles which settled and shifted during transit, I had to add a bunch to make the return secure, also one of my units would not fit in the original extinguisher box it was about 3 inches too tall just used news paper and more noodles, with out inter box, no problem with Fed X return either just gave them the return tracking number and they came out next day, I hope the recall doesn't break the company, 35 to 40 Million replacement units. plus x 2 shipping handling and processing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 11:04 am:

Funny Don !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By John Aldrich Orting Wa on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 01:24 pm:

I got lucky. My extinguisher is OK.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration