Question about spark

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Question about spark
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 09:33 pm:

My 26 starts good but should have more power. When you advance the timing lever the engine hardly speeds up. My model a revs with the increase of timing. Do I need to bend the rod from the quadrant to the cummulator? It has always had tru fire ignition. T

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Lloid on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 09:35 pm:

When the rod moves the cummulator it hardly revs up the engine in the advance position. Thanks for your opinion and help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 09:49 pm:

I have no experience with True Fire, but with a Ford, Tiger, New Day, or other normal timer, the engine does speed up as you advance the timing. This will work for most timers, but I don't know if it applies to yours:

http://dauntlessgeezer.com/DG97.html

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Randy Glowacki on Wednesday, January 24, 2018 - 10:01 pm:

Steve, I agree completely with your timing setting. The trouble is that it it very difficult to see the position of the crank pin on the later model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Eckensviller - Thunder Bay, ON on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 01:29 am:

Randy, just turn the crank until the hole in the pulley for the pin is facing up and mark the front edge in line with it. That will give you a reference for crank pin position.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration