Turlock swapmeet

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Turlock swapmeet
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Williams, Hillsboro Oregon on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 03:55 pm:

Just inquiring for a relative, how many spaces with T parts will be there?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 05:48 pm:

Hard to say, but Turlock still has a reasonable amount of rust show up. Lots of later stuff, but its a huge swap meet that still gets a fair amount of old "treasures".

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Williams, Hillsboro Oregon on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 10:09 pm:

Thanks Dan.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 12:07 am:

Had not been in years but i agree with Dan
Its a 4 hour drive each way couple of us aretoying with the idea of going althought saving my $$$ for
Bakersfield

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 11:33 am:

We will be there at GG59-63. Haven't missed one in 43 years. Why stop now?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 03:49 pm:

I'll be in building #2 in the corner near the rollup door if anyone needs parts and wants to save on shipping costs. Lots of Carter and Autolite parts and service manuals for electrical and carbs from the late 40's thru 60's that need a new home as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Instness on Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 11:10 pm:

Went to the Turlock swap meet today. There were more vendors and buyers there today than I remember in the previous 2 or 3 years. May have been the nice weather. There also seemed to be more "T" and 1920s stuff than I remember in the last several years. Still mostly hot rod and later parts but there were treasures to be found. I came home with a box of Model T Parts and a few wall hangers. It was Good day overall.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 11:11 am:

The weather was fantastic! One guy had a complete 1912 engine, and a complete 1914 engine. I bought an original Model K parts book, and an original Model NRS parts book dated 1914. Never seen either one of those. Another guy had a big box of rear axle bearings. There had to have been at least fifty of them. If I were closer to home, I would have bought them.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gene Carrothers Huntington Beach on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 10:11 pm:

Wish I would been able to have gone there. I need a '12 engine replacement. Too many cracks in mine I think after a a broken crankshaft and then repair.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 11:49 pm:

Larry make you a great deal on a box rear axle bearings clean and usable.
Was there as well.
Had not gone in 20 years was very surprised at the size lots T and A parts more them past reports why ive not gone in so many years didnt buy a thing,
Witch felt odd but my buddy sure did.
Well ok bought worst $10 hamburger i had in years and vendor didnt even have drinks forsale good thing i brought a couple beers.
Had great vist with many long time T and A friends made a few more.
Although the weather was great hit whiteout fog on Donner summit witch added 2.5 hours to our drive time
Think i will go next year but wont decide to go the night befor

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dewey, N. California on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 12:57 am:

Bob, One word: AUBURN.
See you there???
:-)
Oh, two words! PIE!!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 12:59 am:

We had a great time. This was our 43rd year consecutive Turlock meet and 23 years as a vendor. I keep threatening to not come back but every year we have a great time. It's not a great meet anymore for model T stuff but it was there just the same. We have a great time camping out and getting together with old car guys. You never know what you will find. This last year I bought a 1924 touring car, so I wanted a 1924 California chauffeur's badge for my hat. I have them for all the other years of my cars. I bought one from a guy I have been buying stuff from for years. He was at the very first Turlock meet and had never missed one. He says to me: You're a model T guy, you need this steering gear. It is a 1909/10 steering column complete with original rubber knobs on the spark and throttle levers and the steering wheel spider. Wired to it were the early cast end rear end radius rods and fender mounts. Damn right I bought it. Last year I got some 12 rivet clamshell rear end housings from him too. So the stuff is still out there. Really enjoyed this year's meet. See you at Bakersfield and Auburn meets.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Erik Barrett in Auburn Ca. on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 01:10 am:

Gene, a 1912 block is hard to come by. I just rebuilt one that had the rear end ripped out by a broken crankshaft. I had Lock N Stitch put it back together and it is back on the road after I put in a Scat crank. Whatever is a problem with your block can be fixed. Just takes money.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rob Heyen - Eastern Nebraska on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 01:13 am:

Larry, you shouldn't have. For me? Valentines day is coming up...... :-)

Need a shipping address?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 06:39 am:

Isnít this the 1912 engine that was at Turlock?
https://www.ebay.com/itm/Model-T-Ford-1912-ENGINE-/322857374812

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Larry Smith, Lomita, California on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 07:19 pm:

The engine posted above certainly looks like the same engine to me. He had a '14 engine right next to it.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 07:46 pm:

Gene, thereís one in the classifieds
http://www.mtfca.com/discus/messages/3487/829912.html?1517272912

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 11:30 pm:

Looks like it but i did look at that much
David D exactly pie pie pie cant wait- but first
Got my room already for bakersfield in April

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 11:32 pm:

Dan McEachern how did i miss you oh well see you in April

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration