How do I recognize a muncie transmission without overdrive?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: How do I recognize a muncie transmission without overdrive?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Simon Kaiser on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 04:34 pm:

How do I recognize a muncie transmission without overdrive?

Whats the differece?

does anyone have pictures to compare?

Thanks for help

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Layden Butler on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 05:54 pm:

Didn't know there was such a thing!
All Muncie I know of are over, direct, under and reverse.

A few Warford transmissions are 2 speed under and direct. Readily recognized because they only have one sliding shift shaft.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Henry Petrino in Modesto, CA on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 06:13 pm:

I believe Layden is correct. It seems that I've heard of Muncie's without a reverse (not sure about this), but all of them I've ever heard of have under/direct/over...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 09:24 pm:

The Warford 2 speed could also be over/direct. Muncie also made transmissions for other cars and some of those have been adapted to be used in a Ford.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration