Back up camera system for truck and car trailer

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Back up camera system for truck and car trailer
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By HARRY A DAW Troy, Mo. on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 06:28 pm:

Looking at a two digital camera and 7" LCD monitor for my F350 and 18' enclosed trailer. I want to mount one camera to view the hitch and the other on the back of the trailer. The system is wireless and would run off the license plates lights. Am concerned about the size of the camera for the truck and could block part of the license plate. Really not required to have a license plate on the back. There is not a camera option that mounts to the license plate. What do you have and use and any suggestions would be appreciated.
Thanks in advance.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 07:11 pm:

My camera is my eyes and mirrors. Never any problem backing my 8.5 x 20 trailer. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 07:11 pm:

I recently bought a newer truck and wanted a back up camera.
I got these items as I wanted a gps as well. It is not the cheapest route but I do like the equipment.It is compatible with more than 1 camera.
https://g.factoryoutletstore.com/details/157501/garmin-010-12242-10.html?categor y_id=0&catalogitemid=139890

https://g.factoryoutletstore.com/details/117342/garmin-nuvi-2599lmthd.html?categ ory_id=0&catalogitemid=101902

There is some cheaper alternatives,just back up camera systems on ebay reasonable.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mack Cole ---- Earth on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 07:13 pm:

The camera is about the size of your thumb and slips right over the top of the plate.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By RJ Walworth, New York on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 09:09 pm:

My new 32í camper trailer has that camera system on the rear back of the trailer you can buy them at any RV store they are wireless system

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Frank Kelley on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 09:32 pm:

I use one of the aftermarket wireless cameras on my trailer. I moved the transmitter to the front of the trailer but still get flickering mainly in populated areas, They say it is from bank or other security systems. I like to run it as a rear view all the time.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Schedler, Sacramento on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 09:38 pm:

I have wireless tire pressure monitors for the trailer and often wondered it I couldn't install a switch to turn the car's backup camera on/off at will to monitor the trailer. At 65 MPH I'd hate to shuft to reverse just to see what' going on with the trailer

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 09:49 pm:

I borrow small children for a spell

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan McEachern on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 12:55 am:

I mounted a camera in the back of my Haulmark trailer above the door in the center of the trailer. I used a knockout punch for 3/4" conduit to cut the hole in the steel header. You don't even notice it unless you know its there.
I do get some pretty bad flicker at times, but its not a real expensive system..

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 05:49 am:

OMG FJ! That is TOOO funny!! Never would've thought of that one! You're rivaling Perry Kete!! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 08:54 am:

OH Tim! Donít encourage him.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 11:59 am:

I didn't know that small children could spell!

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration