You would have had a good time in Richmond today!

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: You would have had a good time in Richmond today!
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Susan Yaeger on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 07:10 pm:

Today a group of intrepid Model T Museum volunteers held a work party to saw lumber for the next phase of construction at the Museum!

Thank you to Dan Conder who hauled his totally awesome Wood-Mizer portable saw mill to Jerry Kramer's farm where Dan, Jerry, Mark Atkins, Jamie Maxwell, Rod Smalley, Lowell Robinson, and Benny and Patty Young worked all day. Although a few degrees warmer than it has been, it was still cold at 23 degrees in the morning and reaching only the mid-30s in the afternoon.

THANK YOU to all! It's only because of our Members, VolunTeers, and Supporters that the Museum is what it is today.

At the risk of making others envious for not being able to join the fun, here's some videos and photos from the "Sawing Party"! And remember that if you and/or your Chapter members are ever interested in helping with work parties at the Museum, please contact us!

CLICK FOR VIDEO: Dan Conder operates sawmill

CLICK FOR VIDEO: how it all works!

CLICK FOR VIDEO: Jerry Kramer at work

CLICK FOR VIDEO: a group effort!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Thursday, January 25, 2018 - 07:48 pm:

I saw the post over on the MTFCA Facebook page - looks like everyone was working hard ....... then I clicked on the video link that supposedly showing Mr. Kramer at work ..... all I saw was a guy eating a Hot Fudge Ice Cream Sundae

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 05:52 am:

As club members, we all owe these dedicated individuals, too numerous to mention by name, a huge debt of gratitude and a heartfelt THANK YOU
for all you've done, are doing, and will no doubt be doing. THANK YOU! I've met some of you in person and you're all the greatest.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry Kramer on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 08:36 am:

FJ, Ice cream wasn’t on the menu. Too cold. Although it did warm up to about 36 by the time we finished. We now have the materials to finish several projects in the Annex, hopefully in time for the National Tour in July.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 08:48 am:

Jerry,

It was 75 degrees here in Tucson yesterday.

Looking forward to The National Tour & Homecoming.

Say Hello to Miss Kim & Mr. Cosmo .... :-)

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Keith Gumbinger, Kenosha, WI on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 12:24 pm:

All that hard work and no ice cream??? These guys are really dedicated!!!

But I already knew that... :-)

Keith

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration