Old Photo - Ford Dealership Street-front View - A Freeze Frame Of Time.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo - Ford Dealership Street-front View - A Freeze Frame Of Time.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 10:33 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 10:36 am:

Those old buildings are so fascinating. We have lost so many.
Meanwhile, another UFO hovers above. Bo(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Norman T. Kling on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 10:43 am:

I think that is a dog in front of the boy.
Norm

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 10:59 am:

Globe tires !! I wonder how many independent brands of tires there were "in the day" ?? How regionalized ? I always thought of tire manufacturing as a big deal - was it that hard to get into making tires say, in 1910 ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Humphrey on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 11:23 am:

Norm, I think he is straddling a tire.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Strange - Hillsboro, MO on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 11:28 am:

Jay, can you read the dealership sign on the original?

Maybe we can track down where the dealership was and see if the building still stands. :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 11:31 am:

I might agree on the tire idea.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fords Masterpiece . nj on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 11:42 am:

Maybe just a board ?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 11:43 am:

Norman, One thing I am certain of, "It's not a tumor" :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By gary hammond-Forest, Va on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 12:45 pm:

Looks like Struther Motors to me.....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chris Landry, Hudson, NH on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 01:17 pm:

Strother Motors, Mount Sterling, KY. Part of the building still exists.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 01:22 pm:

Having never heard of Globe Tires before I searched a few times for it. This came up on Ebay. FWIW:

http://www.ebay.com.sg/itm/1919-AD-GLOBE-TIRES-GUARANTEED-6000-MILES-WE-MAKE-A-MIGHTY-GOOD-TIRE-/221414638524

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 02:00 pm:

Thanks for the search Rich ! It would be fascinating (to me anyhow) to see a catalogue of all the different tire brands before 1930, with ads and pictures of all the different tread patterns. The Globe tire looks like their tread pattern was designed with a sharp pocket-knife !! ; )

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 02:22 pm:

I just did a search of "Tire Ads 1920s" and up comes enough marvelous old ads with amazing artwork to look at for hours. The tread patterns are endless.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration