Old Photo - Brass Era - Contemplating Whether It's A Good Day To Wash The Car

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Old Photo - Brass Era - Contemplating Whether It's A Good Day To Wash The Car
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jay - In Northern California on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 10:44 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Sorenson-Montrose,CO on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 11:56 am:

He could at least go get an estimate......!!!!!
That thing is grubby...

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 12:47 pm:

He found the need to install a better horn and acetylene supply. The house numbers on the radiator look out of place for 1914 or later. What state would have done that?
It looks like the paint might be presentable beneath the dirt.
It's a nice look at that era.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dale Peterson College Place, WA on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 04:56 pm:

Washington was still make your own license plate until 1916.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rick J. Gunter -- Sparta, Missouri, USA on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 06:00 pm:

Aw, what's the use--it'll jest get dirty again. I always say, "Why put off till tomorrow, what you can put off till day after tomorrow."

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Carl Sorenson-Montrose,CO on Friday, January 26, 2018 - 07:51 pm:

Thinkin’ Maybe he didn’t want to put it in the barn.....Scare the horses ya know.....
So he kept in the “Chicken Coupe”.....
I bet Maw won’t ride in it ,till he gets all the “Chicken Shame” off of it...That’s what my Uncle called it....

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hammatt on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 12:43 pm:

I'm interested in determining exactly what model year is this car? Thanks everybody. Steve

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 02:15 pm:

1914 - have one similar !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hammatt on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 07:37 pm:

Thanks Steve. I was about to add it to my website. Unfortunately I hadn't realized that the front plate in the photo wasn't an actual leather plate, but instead appears to be only numbers mounted on the radiator. Tell me about your '14 in the photo you've attached. What plate do you have mounted on the front, it looks like a 1914 Wisconsin...?
Steve Hammatt

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Tomaso - Longbranch,WA on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 08:13 pm:

Yes - being our great State didn't supply plates back in '14, I found this plate and mounted it up just because of the date. I have personalized plates:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ken Parker on Friday, February 02, 2018 - 11:54 pm:

Has a short Prest-O-Lite "E" tank on the running board. Early 1914 style touring probably built in Fall of 1913.

Ken in Texas

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hammatt on Saturday, February 03, 2018 - 12:09 am:

Or you could go a different route:
www.leatherplates.com
See this example for Colorado
Scan through the Customer Gallery for custom, new WN (Washington) examples and other states in the teens and earlier.
Steve Hammatt
Mount Vernon WA USA

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration