OT identify non-T tool

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT identify non-T tool
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By tommy coffey on Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 01:08 am:

This is probably not a T tool. What is it?
My left front paw shows the size. The cup with the square hole swivels, slightly. There are 3 seperate 90 degree bent pieces mounted loosely at one end. The handle is T shaped, viewed from the end. The only markings that I can see, before a thorough cleaning are M34 on the back side of the socket. Any ideas what it might be? Thanks.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mike Royster on Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 05:21 pm:

It looks live an old valve wrench. On the back of fuel delivery trucks there is a spring loaded valve where you hook the drop hose when delivering gas to a service station. The square hole slides on the lever, you press down to open the valve and use the tab on the end to lock it open. They are still similar today.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Grisbee---Cheyenne Wyo on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 11:35 am:

A fuel tanker valve wrench is exactly what that thing is. There are variations including some that have a curved handle with a bend on the end to tighten hose fittings. One I have has WHEATON cast into it.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration