Cycle car-Photo

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Cycle car-Photo
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Herb Iffrig on Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 08:33 am:

Wasn't 1915 about the height of the cycle car time?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Todd Manoff on Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 11:28 am:

Dear Herb,
I am very interested in this photo and would love to hear more about where you came across it. Do you own the original photo? Is this the only one you have taken of this car?
The cyclecar is a 1914 Zip. Manufactured by the Zip cyclecar Co. located on the corner of Second and Warren Streets in Davenport, Iowa. Zip closed up shop in Nov. 1914.
I own and am currently restoring what is believed to be the only known 1913 2-cylinder Zip. The Zip in the photo was build after May of 1914 and would have a 4-cylinder water cooled engine. I have been collecting Zip history, articles, advertisements, and photos for some time and I imagine I have the largest collection of Zip history. There is a four cylinder Zip in the Renolds museum in Alberta that I hope to see in person one day. The museum car was part of the Barney Pollard collection in Michigan. Was purchased from Barney in 1978 for the museum.
Look forward to hearing back from you, would love to own the original photo for my collection.
Best regards
Todd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Todd Manoff on Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 11:54 am:

Does anyone know what state the 1915 license plate in the photo is from? Washington? Wisconsin? W_____?
Todd

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 11:59 am:

That would be a 1915 Wisconsin plate. White on Black.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Les Schubert on Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 01:23 pm:

Todd
Your posting is very interesting to me. I might be the owner of the 4cyl water cooled car you mention as I bought it some years ago. The engine is actually a NRS engine installed “backwards “

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By George John Drobnock on Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 01:47 pm:

Interesting pre-war years with transportation. 1914-1916 was a time when journals carried articles about cycle cars, and the rise of interest in electric vehicles... Why even Ford was looking at a cycle car and even rumours of he and Edison collaborating to build an electric car.

Fords cycle car....

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration