OT: Ford Related Though

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: OT: Ford Related Though
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Saturday, January 27, 2018 - 06:58 pm:

Thinking about ordering a top pad kit from one of the Ford suppliers to see if I can use it on my 1917 Maxwell top. The only tan colored kit I could find online fits a Model A Roadster. I emailed 2 suppliers, one has yet to answer and the one that did apparently can't operate a ruler. I need to know if this kit will fit a span of 46 inches the distance between my 2 bows. Does anyone have a Model A roadster they can measure the distance from the front bow to the rear bow. I tried to find a factory top blueprint but all I could find was a Model T and I think they are too small. You'd think people selling an item would at least be able to give you measurements of said item but apparently that is a talent lost to the past!

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Bob Doris, AZ on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 01:15 am:

You may be able to scale the dimension you need from this drawing.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 11:48 am:

Thanks Bob, that is what I was trying to find online but couldn't find the right search term.

Appreciate the help.

Howard Dennis

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 12:27 pm:

If you know someone the sews, make your own. It just a tube with padding inside. You might also have a wider range of colors to pick from.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Howard D. Dennis Byron, Georgia on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 12:59 pm:

Maybe I just better ask for you guys advice on what I'm trying to do. I'm trial fitting plastic canvas to try and work out my ideas before committing to having a top made from tan canvas. The bow over the seating area uncouples from the last bed bow and after unfastening the windshield mounts it is turned up and fastens to posts on the bed and the white straps, (soon to be dyed tan) hold it to the bed bow with the canvas folded in between the bows. During mockup with the plastic tarp my plan was to only use canvas to keep the bulk down when the bow was folded back but after trying one side I'm worried that when in the up position it might look too flat.While trying to find WWI photos I see them with pads and without.
What do you guys think?

Howard Dennis

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration