Just discovered that some lamps were stamped a Made in Cols. Ohio on the bottom. What years were these made there and how prevalent are they ?
The Jno W. Brown Mfg. Co made lamps for Ford in Columbus, Ohio. They were a major supplier (if not THE major supplier) from 1909 up into the late teens.
If the lamps you refer to are Model T, they were made at the John Brown Lamp Company 753 Marion Road, Columbus, Ohio. Some of plant buildings (small group in up close shot) are still there today.
The five Corcoran brothers, who owned the Corcoran Lamp Company and the Victor Lamp Company, bought the John Brown Lamp Company in Columbus, Ohio. In 1930 it all became the Auto Lite Company.
Ford apparently had a policy of having at least two suppliers for components of production. It appears that E&J, which was located only a few miles from Ford Motor Company in Detroit, was by far the larger lamp supplier during the "brass" and "black & brass" years.
Ken in Texas
(Message edited by drkbp on January 28, 2018)
Thanks guys! Learned something new.