Is this an aftermarket Model T pickup bed?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Is this an aftermarket Model T pickup bed?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jason midyette on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 11:47 am:

Found this at an auction last week.

Measures 5' long by 3'7" wide.

Looks to me to be factory made, wondering if anyone had any thoughts.

Thanks

Jason Midyette

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Dan Treace, North FL on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 11:59 am:

That bed appears with the width to fit between the rear fenders of a Ford. Bed is nicely ironed for a typical of home made. Like the irons on the top edges!

The narrow floorboards are typical home made, as factory would use wide boards, less labor.

Odd place for battery access, as that opening is over the muffler on a Model T.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Terry in KCMO on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 10:53 am:

Dan,
What is the name of the publication that features the above article. I love those old "DIY" articles.
Are the pictures posted available online or in PDF form? for better reading.

Thanks,
Terry

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Marc Roberts, York, Pennsylvania on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 08:37 pm:

Jason:

That's a nice find. Do you have a T in mind to put it on?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Matt the Headlight Lens Guy n California on Wednesday, January 31, 2018 - 12:38 am:

Jason,
Nice bed! I know a perfect place for it:-)

In that era there were a lot of carriage makers who could do work like this.

Matthew

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration