Saturday in Hutch

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Saturday in Hutch
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Jelf, Parkerfield KS on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 12:47 pm:

This year's midwinter Model T clinic in Hutchinson was another interesting and enjoyable get-together.

Mike Vaughn brought national news from MTFCA.

Chris Paulsen announced upcoming Kansas events and Bill Howell recorded the proceedings.

Jerry Hoffman and Luke Chennel covered auxiliary transmissions.

After Jerome Hoffman covered transmissions in the morning, the afternoon session featured Bill Devine of Birdhaven/Texas T/Fun Projects with a presentation on auxiliary brakes.

This years's Model T on display was the Gypsy racer built by Mike Bender (blue shirt).

Roof head.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 12:57 pm:

Why didn't I go? #o(

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By FreighTer Jim on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 01:08 pm:

Sorry Richard ...

Perhaps Because You Lack Swag .... ?

FJ

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Stan Howe Helena, Montana on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 04:23 pm:

I'm with you Richard!!! Should have gone. Auctioneer convention wasn't that great. More interesting stuff here.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 04:45 pm:

It was a good seminar. Thank you Steve J. For posting. Also thanks to the presenters, and to the Flatland Chapter MTFCA for hosting this great event each year.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 05:25 pm:

The Sunflower State Crankers have done this every year that the club has been around starting in 1988. The club started in the spring of 1987 and we had our first "clinic" that fall and proceeded to have about three a year. After our third or fourth year as membership grew from a dozen and a half to around 45/50 we changed it from everybody bring your carb or starter to work on to a feature type presentation program. About this same time attendees that were not members were attending as well. About 20 years ago we moved the weekend in January to its current weekend as the Super Bowl and the Wichita Swap played with their dates and so we have been having it on the fourth Saturday of January every sense. Both now are not a problem, and we most likely will never change the date as it seems to work well.

If we haven't covered at least once, every part of a Model T we've come close. Some topics we have done a couple of times and each time there is more ways to cover it so it presents well in front of the attendees. The last few years with the help of Bill Howell and Mike Bender the set up has been top notch and without their contribution it would look less professional. It has in the last 15 years been covered twice in the Vintage Ford.

With the addition of two more Model T Ford Clubs in Kansas membership is down. Help comes from these other clubs as it's common to have tours were we invite each other. No idea if this idea is that unique or not but come from the smaller base of people in a lightly populated state. It just makes it easier when you have more people involved.

We thank everyone who comes, those who present and take the time to travel and put their effort into their presentations for us all to enjoy.

We are welcoming to ideas for future clinics, as well as suggestions and comments. Input is always welcome.

We had about 55 people this year, the weather which is a always a concern, was clear and a high of 57 if I remember correctly. As best as I can remember we had attendees for the following states, Kansas, Oklahoma, Texas, Colorado, Wyoming, Nebraska, Iowa, and Missouri. In the past we have also had California, Montana, Arkansas, South Dakota to name a few.

Again I want to thank everyone, attendees as well a presenters for the support. Hope to you you all next year. Jerry Hoffman Pres. SSC MTFC

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Rich Bingham, Blackfoot, Idaho on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 07:23 pm:

What a great thing to do. Wish I could have been there !

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Hughes, Raymond, NE on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 07:48 pm:

Thanks Jerome for the information and correction. I knew better that it was the Sunflower State Crankers that hosted this event. Many thanks to you and your members for all the work you do to make this event happen.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Chad Marchees _____Tax Capital, NY on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 08:53 am:

Wish I could have made the trek. But, a suggestion, if you are recording the event, why not post it on YouTube. Then many others that can not attend will be able to see and enjoy it.....as well as the attendees that want to revisit it.

Agreed that the volunteers are what make the hobby and events like this possible.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerome Hoffman, Hays Kansas on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 01:05 pm:

Chad, Bill Howell did in fact record all day. When I find out when he has posted it I'll be sure to let everyone know. Having limited video editing expertise I can tell you that for every 5 minutes you watch it probity took 4 hours to get it to look good.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration