Whats this FORD marked Brass Tool?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Whats this FORD marked Brass Tool?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 07:22 pm:

I came across this little tool in a box of misc parts yesterday. I have no idea what its for. Marked Ford, and is about 3 to 4 inches long. I thought first it was similar to a speedo tool like the Stewart tools, but the end of the tool wont work for that.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard E Moore Jr. Pickwick lake Tenn. on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 07:42 pm:

Kinda looks like a valve spring compressor. Cool tool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Mark Gregush Portland Oregon on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 07:44 pm:

There was a FORD tool company that had no connection to The Ford Car Company.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Stroud on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 09:02 pm:

Could be for FORD water meters too. Dave

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ed in California on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 09:20 pm:

Valve spring lifting tool. It lifts the spring past the pin hole. Here’s a similar tool.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Benjamin Morgan - Metamora, Indiana on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 11:02 pm:

I had another thought it may be for valves springs. But being brass and only 4 inches long, it seemed that it wouldn't work? Seems like it will fit around a T valve stem.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Nevada Bob Middleton on Sunday, January 28, 2018 - 11:35 pm:

Brass and as short as it is i would even consider it for valve tool
Im think coils or brushs

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration