New from Lang's.

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: New from Lang's.
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Charles Weisgerber- Vancouver WA. on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 12:41 am:

Just a heads-up for those who may be interested.

https://www.modeltford.com/item/5201CAD.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Tim Wrenn-Monroeville OH on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 09:43 am:

Handy item to have for sure, kind of hard to find locally. I did get one years ago online from some auto supplier.
Thanks for the post Charles.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 10:39 am:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 10:47 am:

get 4, screw them in and then put modern 14mm plugs in and see if it runs any better!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 11:12 am:

Dale,

Use the hottest plugs you can find.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Steve Bourgeois on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 11:15 am:

My compression tester came with the adapter.
One advantage of have one for 35 years.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 12:10 pm:

I clicked on "Add to Cart" and it doesn't work!
"Email to Friend" does not work either!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 12:19 pm:

Fred,

That's just a .JPG image, (photo), that I posted, not an actual link. Here's the link: https://www.modeltford.com/item/5201CAD.aspx

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Hal Davis-SE Georgia on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 12:22 pm:

I've had one for years. If that's new to Lang's, I must have gotten it someplace else.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Peter Claverie, Memphis TN on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 12:43 pm:

The actual catalog listing says, "For use with compression tester only." I take that to mean the brass won't take the heat of being used as a spark plug adapter.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Gary Tillstrom 30 miles N of Memphis TN on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 12:57 pm:

Brass will in fact stand up to plug duty. I have made a bunch of these adapters before I sold my lathe. I always bought 1/8 X 1/2 pipe bushings from Lowe's and drilled them up to accept 14 MM tap. I have been running them for years as have a number of others that I made them for. I run them in aluminum heads as well.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 01:58 pm:

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Ashley Lang on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 02:47 pm:

Thank you for the heads up on the broken link. Jim is fixing the issue. Yes Peter, these were made accidentally in brass and they make a good use for a tester, but we do not recommend brass as a regular 14mm adapter for plugs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 04:18 pm:

The brass is most likely stronger than the aluminum used in H.C. heads.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 08:34 pm:

Ashley, Jerry

I was making a funny!

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Eugene Story on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 09:00 pm:

I found some take apart old plugs in a antique store, took one apart and looked good inside, but do they have a heat range or are they all the same, thought it might for tractors or old engines. most were champions but some different

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By dale w on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 09:16 pm:

They have a heat range as defined by the length of the electrode. The longer the central electrode is, the longer it takes heat generated in the combustion chamber to flow through the electrode and reach the metal body of the plug to dissipate (such a plug would be a "hot" plug, shorter electrodes cool quicker and therefore are "colder" plugs).
Plugs that are the same brand and length will have the same general heat range, but different brands can be the same length and have different heat ranges due to differing manufacturers designs.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jerry VanOoteghem S.E. Michigan on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 09:19 pm:

Fred,

Sometimes I'm dense :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Fred Dimock, Newfields NH, USA on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 07:47 pm:

Thatís OK Jerry
Just a Little News England humor that is so dry you can hear it crackle.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By David Dufault on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 09:17 pm:

It crackles because Fred ran out of Jelly to go with the other stuff he uses ! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Noel D. Chicoine, MD, Pierre, SD on Tuesday, January 30, 2018 - 10:58 pm:

I'm a little slow tonight, Fred. Took me a minute to catch it. Hope you're staying warm tonight.

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration