Is this a Model T taillight?

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration
Model T Ford Forum: Forum 2018: Is this a Model T taillight?
Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Corey Walker, Brownsboro TX on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 11:17 am:

I got this with some T parts I bought. I don't know much about the later models and it's hard to tell from pictures.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Warren F Rollins on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 12:18 pm:

Looks like one. Any Ford script on top or back?

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Denny Seth - Jefferson, Ohio on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 01:31 pm:

It will be if you put it on the back of a Model T! :-)

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Richard Eagle Idaho Falls on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 01:50 pm:

So many companies made these. I can't tell the Ford ones unless they have the script. Hopefully someone will have a good clue.
Rich

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Allan Bennett - Australia on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 05:32 pm:

Not like any of our Canadian sourced taillights. The mounting bolt is not held in place with those square upsets. Rather, there are two triangular tags punched in the back of the lamp body, and these are bent over the head of the bolt to retain it. This leaves the bolt loose in the housing.

Yours does not have the two dimples in the back which orient the lamp in the mounting bracket.

The globe holder in our genuine lamps does not have the long slot as in yours, just the L shaped slots for the lugs on the globes.

None of these details can be seen when the lamp is installed, so your lamp would be a good user until a correct one is found.

Hope this helps.
Allan from down under.

Top of pagePrevious messageNext messageBottom of page Link to this message  By Jim Patrick in Florida on Monday, January 29, 2018 - 11:48 pm:

No

Add a Message

This is a private posting area. Only registered users and moderators may post messages here.
Username:  
Password:

Topics Last Day Last Week Tree View    Getting Started Formatting Troubleshooting Program Credits    New Messages Keyword Search Contact Moderators Edit Profile Administration